This about.com Twelve reasons budgeting can improve your life article is hot on the internet right now, and for good reason: it offers good motivation to establish a budget. I’ve collected a pile of other budgeting links to share.
First, for those of you that haven’t read Twelve reasons budgeting can improve your life, the advantages of budgeting are:
- A budget helps you reach your goals (and keeps you from getting side-tracked).
- A budget lets you control your money instead of your money controlling you.
- A budget will tell you if you’re living within your means.
- A budget can help you meet your savings goals.
- Following a realistic budget frees up spare cash.
- A budget helps your entire family focus on common goals.
- A budget helps you prepare for emergencies.
- A budget can improve your marriage.
- A budget reveals areas where you’re spending too much money.
- A budget can keep you out of debt or help you get out of debt.
- A budget actually creates extra money.
- A budget helps you sleep better at night.
There are other budgeting articles at about.com, including Top three causes of budget failure (negative attitude, lack of motivation, and unrealistic expectations); How to set up a successful budget; Guilt-free budgeting: no blame, no shame (in which the author offers the following steps to setting up a budget: 1. Set up categories, 2. Calculate budget amounts, 3. Record your expenses, 4. Set goals and make adjustments); and The secret to successful budgeting.
My favorite about.com article discusses What makes a good budget? The answers:
- Categories that fit your personal situation and your spending habits.
- Accurate income projections.
- The right number of categories: not too broad, but not too specific.
- Inclusion of expenses that don’t occur on a monthly basis.
- Regular review of categories.
- Cash expenditure tracking and recording.
- A line item for savings.
- Realistic written goals.
- Identification of spending patterns.
- Internal motivation and a positive attitude.
GRS is committed to helping our readers save and achieve your financial goals.Savings interest rates may be low, but that’s all the more reason to shop for the best rate.Find the highest savings interest rate from Ally Bank, Capital One 360, Everbank, and more.
This article is about Budgeting
SEARCH FOR RECENT ARTICLES