- For example, did you hear about the Taco Bell that refused to take a $2 bill? Apparently this is a common problem — the younger generation doesn’t seem to be aware that they exist (and are legal tender).
- There’s the true story of the man who bought 12,000 servings of pudding and converted them into over a million free air miles. (Part of the film Punch-Drunk Love was based on this escapade.)
- There’s the true story of the millionaire who switched banks because they wouldn’t validate his parking ticket.
- Or the story of the roofers who mysteriously returned to re-do the same job they’d done four years earlier.
- And, of course, the famous incident in which video-game giant Atari buried millions of unsold E.T. cartridges in an Arizona landfill.
Snopes is a great site. If you ever have a couple hours to kill — you have insomnia, say, or are staying up all night for a Blogathon — then read as many stories as you can.
This article is about Funny Money