- For example, did you hear about the Taco Bell that refused to take a $2 bill? Apparently this is a common problem — the younger generation doesn’t seem to be aware that they exist (and are legal tender).
- There’s the true story of the man who bought 12,000 servings of pudding and converted them into over a million free air miles. (Part of the film Punch-Drunk Love was based on this escapade.)
- There’s the true story of the millionaire who switched banks because they wouldn’t validate his parking ticket.
- Or the story of the roofers who mysteriously returned to re-do the same job they’d done four years earlier.
- And, of course, the famous incident in which video-game giant Atari buried millions of unsold E.T. cartridges in an Arizona landfill.
Snopes is a great site. If you ever have a couple hours to kill — you have insomnia, say, or are staying up all night for a Blogathon — then read as many stories as you can.
GRS is committed to helping our readers save and achieve their financial goals. Savings interest rates may be low, but that is all the more reason to shop for the best rate. Find the highest savings interest rates and CD rates from Synchrony Bank, Ally Bank, GE Capital Bank, and more.
This article is about Funny Money