I’ve returned from my San Francisco vacation and am ready to resume regular posting. Thanks to the Get Rich Slowly readers who provided content in my absence:
- Stephen A. Smith for Make Some Noise to Save Some Money and How to Give Yourself a Raise
- Aaron Muderick for Ten Secrets of Success
- Mrs. Darling for Raising a Family on One Income (Part One) and (Part Two)
- Adam Gurno for his Programmable Thermostats: A Three-Month Review
Huge thanks to Frykitty for taking care of things behind the scenes. Her efforts kept this site operational for the past week-and-a-half. Most of all, thanks to you for supporting the guest bloggers. I’ve had a chance to read through your comments — they’re great, as usual.
While I was away, Ramit at I Will Teach You to Be Rich celebrated his second blogiversary. This is a Big Deal for a couple of reasons. First, I hope to see Get Rich Slowly through to its second birthday (and beyond). Second, of all the personal finance blogs I read, Ramit’s offers the advice that most closely matches my own philosophy. He’s more centered on entrepreneurship, and his advice skews toward younger readers, but he has the same passion for this subject, the same sense that people need to start preparing for financial success now, the same grounding in sensible choices. Congrats, Ramit.
Also, the Question of the Day marathon has continued:
- Savvy Saver asks If you had to pinpoint one financial decision (good or bad) that put you on the path to where you are now, what would it be?
- Young Finance Guy wonders What do you consider to be an expensive night out?
- Money Dummy asks What’s the most unusual, quirk, or bizarre thing involving money that’s happened to you personally?
- Steve Braun asks What percentage of financial success comes from “financial skills” and what percentage comes from “character”?
- What’s the best deal you’ve ever gotten in a store? asks Mighty Bargain Hunter.
- Journey to Financial Freedom wonders Do you have any side income other than your paychecks?
- Penny Foolish asks What are your vices?
Get Rich Slowly will host the final Question of the Day on August 31st.
This article is about Administration
SEARCH FOR RECENT ARTICLES