The past week has seen some subtle changes around Get Rich Slowly. I’ve given the site a minor facelift. I keep telling people, “The site is still ugly, but now it’s less ugly.” I have more tweaks planned for the coming weeks. If you have any suggestions, or if you spot any errors, please let me know.
Some quick thoughts:
- I was unsure how I’d like the “star ratings”, but have to admit they’re actually rather useful.
- It sounds as if most people would prefer to see Money Hacks integrated into this site, which makes sense to me. I’ll work on a smart plan for this.
- The contests are nearly over. The 100,000th comment spam has arrived. The 1,000,000th visitor should arrive late Monday or early Tuesday. Who will win the iPod Shuffle?
Here are some of my favorite posts from the past month:
- Feb. 1st: 24 Craigslist tips, tricks, and resources
- Feb. 2nd: How to eat vegetarian on the cheap (a guest post from Sally)
- Feb. 3rd: Scary story: Billed for service I never received
- Feb. 6th: Retirement savings or debt reduction: Which is the top priority?
- Feb. 7th: The curse of the money-saving gadget
- Feb. 13th: Beware the insidious power of marketing
- Feb. 16th: Money blueprints: What our parents taught us about money
- Feb. 22nd: Prosper: Investing on YOUR terms (a guest post from Frykitty)
In mid-February I began a regular series on making money from hobbies. Each Sunday I try to post something related to earning side income from the things you love to do. So far I’ve shared:
- Six tips for money-making hobbies, in which I lay out some basic guidelines for earning money in your spare time
- Money interviews: Imagination Movers, part four, in which a group of regular guys attempts to become a rock band for kids
- Anatomy of an overnight success, in which I point to an article by Jenn Fischer (Pam on The Office) that discusses how hard work is required to make your dreams pay off
Tomorrow a GRS reader explains how he makes money with his photography hobby. I have a question from another reader about how to earn money from a hobby-related e-store. If you have a story or a question about hobby income, please let me know.
Finally, remember that you can subscribe to Get Rich Slowly via any of the following methods:
This weblog is a success because of you and your support. As always, I welcome reader contributions, either as ideas for stories, or as guest entries. If you have any comments or requests to improve this site, please feel free to pass them on.
This article is about Administration
SEARCH FOR RECENT ARTICLES