Several weeks ago, Liz Pulliam Weston at MSN Money pulled together a list of 12 cool money tricks. Some of these have come up here before, but it never hurts to review them. Here are a few of the ideas she shared:
- The four-penny hack: always carry four pennies with you so you don’t get pennies in change. (This one only works once per shopping trip.)
- Learn to use online shopping tools like MyBargainBuddy.com and AbleShopper.
- Get companies to compete for your business: call around to find the best deal.
- Get a month-long interest-free loan by charging expensive items to a credit card on the first day of the billing cycle. (Though I don’t use credit cards, I admit I think this hack is particularly clever.)
- Prepay big bills. Christmas shopping get you down? Save up for it by making small monthly payments to a specific savings account.
Get more detail on each of these money hacks (and find seven more) in the original article.
GRS is committed to helping our readers save and achieve their financial goals. Savings interest rates may be low, but that is all the more reason to shop for the best rate. Find the highest savings interest rates and CD rates from Synchrony Bank, Ally Bank, GE Capital Bank, and more.