First up: While everyone else was writing about the environment on Blog Action Day, Nickel was putting his money where his mouth is. He’s raising cash for the Conservation Fund. From now until Friday, Nickel will match up to $1000 in donations to this charity. For more information, visit his site.
Wow! I hadn’t expected so many responses to Michael Mihalik’s guest post about financial security. The discussion has been great. Thanks. In appreciation, I’m going to bump up the number of books I award as prizes. When I make the drawing on Friday, I’ll choose five winners instead of two.
Meanwhile, don’t forget to enter the contest for the Nintendo Wii. Share your personal finance success story on your blog (and then drop me a line) or in the Get Rich Slowly discussion forums, and you’ll be entered into a drawing for a Wii gaming bundle, including and extra controller and Mario Party 8.
Some quick clarifications: this is a random drawing and not a merit-based contest. I considered picking the best story, but decided that might be too difficult. Besides, I don’t want to discourage anyone from sharing. I don’t care whether you write well or not. I want to read about your financial achievements, no matter how small. Tell us about them.
Right now, your odds of winning are good. Eighteen people have shared their stories in the forum, and the following eleven bloggers have posted success stories at their sites. (If your blog isn’t listed here, it’s because you haven’t e-mailed me to tell me about your story!)
- Canadian Dream: Free at 45: My ‘success’ story
- Free Money Finance: My story from rags (kinda) to riches (kinda)
- There But for the Grace of God: My financial “success story”
- My Frugal Life: My greatest financial coup
- Lady Tawodi: My financial story
- Competing Priorities: My personal finance success story
- Job Life Upgrade: How I survived with $7,500/year
- Metropolitan Rural: Anniversary (Curtis has been commuting via public transportation for a year now!)
- genXpert: Don’t go baby-broke
- The Financial Philosopher: Are you chasing money?
- Click, the Good News: Your money or your life
That’s 29 participants so far. For a Wii. I thought for sure we’d be near 100 by now! Don’t forget: tomorrow I’m giving away three copies of Quicken Deluxe 2008, and on Thursday I’ll give away an iPod Shuffle. (Here’s more information on this week’s contests.)
This article is about Spare Change
SEARCH FOR RECENT ARTICLES