Trick or treat! Thanks, everyone, for a great October. As usual, there were some excellent discussions. I was also pleased to be able to give away over $600 in prizes to celebrate Get Rich Slowly’s 18-month anniversary. My Real Life took precedence this month, though I did my best to maintain quality around here. This was possible thanks in part to guest posts from readers like you. Here are some of the best GRS articles from the month of October:
- October 1st: Is a money merge account a good way to pay off your mortgage?
- October 9th: Who earns minimum wage? A statistical profile
- October 12th: How to eat at a swanky restaurant without blowing your monthly food budget
- October 17th: Recurring monthly costs: Which are worth it? Which are not?
- October 19th: Ask the readers: Best brick-and-mortar banks?
- October 24th: Understanding the seven habits of wealth (a guest post from Dough Roller)
- October 25th: Frugality is not a dirty word
- October 28th: Building wealth with a virtual employer (a guest post from James)
Best of the Forums
There have been some great threads in the Get Rich Slowly discussion forums, too. Here are just a few:
- What do you plan on doing in “retirement”?
- Another clueless dolt looking for advice
- Kitchen appliances: The good, the bad, the unnecessary (which may become a post in the blog)
- Share your frugal holiday gift idea
The forums are a great place to chat with your fellow readers. Have questions about emergency funds? Ask! Want to chat about cheap vacations? This is the place to do it. Use the VIP code 0325 when signing up. (In their first six months, the forums have almost 800 registered users and more than 8800 posts.)
You may subscribe to Get Rich Slowly via any of the following methods:
This weblog is a success because of you and your support. As always, I welcome reader contributions, either as ideas for stories, or as guest entries. If you have any comments or requests to improve this site, please feel free to pass them on.
This article is about Administration