Tax season is upon us. Get Rich Slowly still doesn’t have a body of tax articles, but Bankrate does. Every year, they offer the following resources:
- Tax calendar — “April 15 isn’t the only important day for taxes. Our tax calendar provides you with many others to circle.”
- Daily tax tip — “The daily tax tip plus an array of tax tools, terms and training will help you through filing and beyond.”
- Filing and refunds — “Get it done right the first time with this advice on free filing, e-filing, documentation and refunds.”
- Forms and charts — “Search here for all the new tax rates, exemption and deduction amounts, plus estate and gift tax exclusions.”
- Realty/capital gains — “Home, sweet home. Your home is likely your biggest investment and it affords you some great tax breaks to boot.”
- Family — “You care for your children and dependents all year. At tax time Uncle Sam may take care of you.”
- Work — “Take advantage of benefits at work and you may find your job even more rewarding at tax time.”
- Investments — “Investing wisely is a critical part of your wealth-building strategy. Keeping it away from the IRS should be another.”
- Education — “Take some of the sting out of the ever-increasing cost of college by applying these tax-favored options.”
- Retirement — “Whether you’re self-employed or work for others, many tax-advantaged retirement vehicles are at your disposal.”
- Philanthropy — “Even the IRS has a heart. Giving to charity can be a wise tax move, as long as you follow the rules.”
- Calculators — “We’ve added 11 new tax calculators to help make your tax preparations easier than ever!”
There’s loads of information there to help you prepare your taxes!
GRS is committed to helping our readers save and achieve their financial goals. Savings interest rates may be low, but that is all the more reason to shop for the best rate. Find the highest savings interest rates and CD rates from Synchrony Bank, Ally Bank, GE Capital Bank, and more.