June was a difficult month for me. I was busy in Real Life, distracted by home remodeling and by physical fitness. Things are settling, which will allow me to spend more time on the site. On top of that, I now have actual help around here!
- My wife, Kris, is processing the backlog of e-mail.
- My friend, Winston, who is one of the inspirations behind GRS, is doing research and handling publicity.
- Another friend, Lisa, will help copy-edit guest posts. (You may remember Lisa from “Saving with Albert” and other guest posts.)
- Meanwhile, JerichoHill continues to keep an eye on the discussion forums.
Thanks to everyone who is lending a hand. I appreciate it. And thank you for your comments, links, and tips. The readers are the heart of Get Rich Slowly. You keep the site a vibrant place for exchanging money-saving (and money-making) ideas.
Here’s a brief overview of some of June’s top stories on the blog:
- June 3rd: How to take a mini-retirement: Tips and tricks from Timothy Ferriss
- June 9th: Guarding against the invasion of Stuff
- June 11th: The new reader’s guide to Get Rich Slowly
- June 15th: Financial advice from my father (when I was nineteen)
- June 16th: Personal finance made easy: Pay yourself first
- June 20th: Cheap vacation: Be a tourist in your own hometown
- June 23rd: Subscribe to Craigslist search results to grab great deals
- June 26th: The non-conformists’ guide to personal finance (a guest post from Chris Guillebeau)
Best of the Forums
The Get Rich Slowly discussion forums were active again this month, spawning several interesting conversations:
- Living debt free…is it really possible? this is a great thread
- Going (mostly) car-less
- Unusual ways to save money
- Debt snowball vs. emergency fund
- How do you work your clothing budget?
The forums are a great place to chat with your fellow readers. Have questions about emergency funds? Ask! Want to chat about cheap vacations? This is the place to do it. (Since opening a year ago, the forums have 1800 registered users and over 21,500 posts.)
You may subscribe to Get Rich Slowly via any of the following methods:
This weblog is a success because of you and your support. As always, I welcome reader contributions, either as ideas for stories, or as guest entries. If you have any comments or requests to improve this site, please feel free to pass them on.
This article is about Administration
SEARCH FOR RECENT ARTICLES