It’s a holiday weekend in the United States. Many people are enjoying the last taste of summer before the school year begins. Things will be quiet around here until Tuesday as I take some time off to work around the house and relax with my family.
Meanwhile, here are some of the best stories from Get Rich Slowly in August:
- August 4th: Dangerous norms: When a treat becomes a routine matter (a guest post from Trent at The Simple Dollar)
- August 7th: Why I fought to save three bucks (and why you should too) (a guest post from Donna Freedman that sparked a lot of discussion)
- August 12th: Cleaning house: When little messes become big problems
- August 13th: Are high gas prices changing the way we drive?
- August 14th: Earn quick cash by participating in medical research and marketing studies
- August 20th: 8 tips for saving money on hobbies and pastimes
- August 23rd: Marvelous magazine ads from 1904
- August 25th: The psychology of happiness: 13 steps to a better life
- August 26th: The inner workings of a car dealership (and how to use them to your advantage) (a reader comment)
Best of the Forums
Though I didn’t have time to hang out there, the Get Rich Slowly discussion forums were active again this month, spawning several interesting conversations:
- How to say “no” to a mother-in-law?
- Fighting lifestyle inflation
- Advice: Wedding or debt?
- Why do I feel guilty for buying things?
The forums are a great place to chat with your fellow readers. Have questions about emergency funds? Ask! Want to chat about cheap vacations? This is the place to do it. (Since opening last year, the forums have 2000 registered users and over 24,000 posts.)
You may subscribe to Get Rich Slowly via any of the following methods:
This weblog is a success because of you and your support. As always, I welcome reader contributions, either as ideas for stories, or as guest entries. If you have any comments or requests to improve this site, please feel free to pass them on.
This article is about Administration
SEARCH FOR RECENT ARTICLES