Looking for some frugal fun this weekend? Saturday is Museum Day in the United Sates — a chance to get into local museums for free. This event is presented by Smithsonian Magazine and a handful of sponsors. According to the magazine’s website:
Enjoy free general admission for you and a guest to hundreds of museums and cultural venues nationwide Saturday, September 27, 2008.
Present the Museum Day admission card to receive free general admission at participating Museum Day locations. The admission card is available in the September 2008 issue of Smithsonian magazine or downloadable via this site.
The following Museum Day restrictions apply:
- One time use on Saturday, September 27, 2008.
- Card must be presented for free general admission. Admission Card will be collected upon entry.
- General admission only. Does not include entry to special exhibits or IMAX screenings.
- Admission Card is good for general admission for you plus one guest.
- One Admission Card per household.
- Not for use with any other offer.
- No rain checks.
- Some participating museums may already have a free admission policy year round and are participating in the “spirit” of the day.
Institutions participating in Museum Day are doing so voluntarily and Smithsonian Magazine is not responsible for individual institution participation or for individual institution participation or content.
At the Smithsonian web site, you can find participating venues, print an admission card, or explore a partial list of places to explore. If you’ve got the time this weekend, Museum Day is a great way to get a little free culture in your life!
GRS is committed to helping our readers save and achieve their financial goals. Savings interest rates may be low, but that is all the more reason to shop for the best rate. Find the highest savings interest rates and CD rates from Synchrony Bank, Ally Bank, GE Capital Bank, and more.