September was a sort of unofficial “credit card education month” around here. I tried to share information about how to use credit responsibly. (Now maybe it’s time to move on to debt reduction themes!) Most of all, there were some great conversations at GRS in September. Here are a few of my favorites:
- September 4th: Five essential skills for mastering plastic
- September 5th: Ask the readers: How to cope with spending addiction?
- September 9th: How to choose a credit card
- September 12th: 13 tools for building a better budget
- September 16th: How and when to cancel a credit card
- September 18th: The never-ending war against advertising
- September 22nd: Which personal-finance magazine is best?
- September 26th: Ask the readers: Shopping for big-ticket items?
- September 28th: Could tithing lead some Americans to lose their homes? (a fantastic discussion)
Best of the Forums
Though I didn’t have time to hang out there, the Get Rich Slowly discussion forums were active again this month, spawning several interesting conversations:
- How to deal with collections agencies?
- Is it worth my time to invest in Dave Ramsey’s plan?
- I’m about to open a Roth IRA and need advice
- What does it mean to live paycheck-to-paycheck? (I’m actually working on a post about this)
- Anyone who expects 12% return long-term is an idiot (I like this comment)
- Why save? And when is it okay to spend your savings?
The forums are a great place to chat with your fellow readers. Have questions about emergency funds? Ask! Want to chat about cheap vacations? This is the place to do it. (Since opening last year, the forums have 2175 registered users and nearly 26,000 posts.)
You may subscribe to Get Rich Slowly via any of the following methods:
This weblog is a success because of you and your support. As always, I welcome reader contributions, either as ideas for stories, or as guest entries. If you have any comments or requests to improve this site, please feel free to pass them on.
This article is about Administration
SEARCH FOR RECENT ARTICLES