Wow. Am I glad that month is over. January started off with a bang and flew along full-tilt until the fifteenth. In the two weeks since my friend Sparky died, my life has been a confused mess. I delegated to guest authors while I dealt with my personal life; fortunately, they provided some great articles. Now, however, I’m looking forward to finding some semblance of normalcy again.
Here are some of the best posts from the month of January:
- January 2nd How to make your New Year’s resolutions stick
- January 5th: 9 methods for mastering your money in 2009
- January 11th: 7 tips for starting your own vegetable garden
- January 13th: Hustle and patience: What it takes to succeed in 2009
- January 14th: How to replace bad financial habits with good ones (a guest post from Leo B.)
- January 18th: The razor’s edge: Lessons in true wealth
- January 21st: Why I drive a 13-year-old car (a guest post from Joel B.)
- January 26th: 5 credit card company tricks — and how to thwart them (a guest post from Justin M.)
- January 27th: Use personal marketing to persuade yourself to save (a guest post from Lynn B.)
Best of the Forums
The blog isn’t the only part of this site. If you have burning questions about personal finance, one of the best places to get answers is the Get Rich Slowly discussion forum.
The forums are a great place to chat with your fellow readers. Have questions about emergency funds? Ask! Want to chat about cheap vacations? This is the place to do it. (Since opening last year, the forums have 2600 registered users and nearly 32,000 posts.)
You may subscribe to Get Rich Slowly via any of the following methods:
This weblog is a success because of you and your support. As always, I welcome reader contributions, either as ideas for stories, or as guest entries. If you have any comments or requests to improve this site, please feel free to pass them on.
GRS is committed to helping our readers save and achieve their financial goals. Savings interest rates may be low, but that is all the more reason to shop for the best rate. Find the highest savings interest rates and CD rates from Synchrony Bank, Ally Bank, GE Capital Bank, and more.
This article is about Administration