Although I thought July was a great month at GRS, I liked August even better. First, we had some terrific articles from the Staff Writer candidates. While they were sharing their thoughts, I was able to spend time digging deep into some subjects myself. There weren’t a lot of “how-to” posts this month, but we had some excellent discussions.
Speaking of Staff Writers: Please welcome April and Baker aboard as official contributors at Get Rich Slowly. This was a tough choice to make. All of the candidates were great — and I hope that they’ll each contribute guest posts from time-to-time.
April and Baker will each contribute one article per week, which will allow me to free valuable time as I begin to work on my first book. (I “met” my editor on Friday, by the way.) I believe they both have a lot to offer GRS readers, and I’m glad to have them on staff. Rumor has it that Karawynn may provide regular guest posts, as well.
Before we move into September, however, here are some of my favorite articles from August:
- August 3rd: How to use Couchsurfing to see the world (a guest post from Baker)
- August 8th: The benefits of starting a side business (a guest post from Neal Frankle)
- August 12th: How a haircut led to a handy acronym (a guest post from Lynn)
- August 14th: How to earn free plane tickets and cash back by shopping online (a guest post from April)
- August 16th: Discovering (and challenging) your financial values (a guest post from Karawynn)
- August 17th: Frugality in practice: Alternate modes of transportation
- August 21st: Mr. Market’s wild ride
- August 24th: Understanding the federal budget
- August 25th: The seven enemies of financial success
- August 28th: Ask the readers: How do I prioritize medical bills?
The blog isn’t the only part of this site. If you have burning questions about personal finance, one of the best places to get answers is the Get Rich Slowly discussion forum.
The forum is a great place to chat with your fellow readers. Have questions about emergency funds? Ask! Want to chat about cheap vacations? This is the place to do it. The forums have 3400 registered users and nearly 40,000 posts.
You may subscribe to Get Rich Slowly via any of the following methods:
This weblog is a success because of you and your support. As always, I welcome reader contributions, either as ideas for stories, or as guest entries. If you have any comments or requests to improve this site, please feel free to pass them on.
GRS is committed to helping our readers save and achieve your financial goals.Savings interest rates may be low, but that’s all the more reason to shop for the best rate.Find the highest savings interest rate from Ally Bank, Capital One 360, Everbank, and more.
This article is about Administration