Just a quick note from the book front. Many of you have asked for a Kindle edition of Your Money: The Missing Manual. While that wasn’t originally part of the publisher’s plans, they’ve decided that there was enough demand to take that step.
To summarize, here are all of the different ways you can pick up a copy of Your Money: The Missing Manual:
- Print edition via Amazon for $14.95 (where there are used copies available from $9.95)
- Kindle version from Amazon for $9.99 (I’ve downloaded this version, and can confirm it’s the second printing, which corrected some small errors)
- O’Reilly Media (the publisher) offers the print edition for $21.99, the e-book edition for $17.99 (which gives you access to a variety of formats), and a package with both for $24.99
- Powell’s Books also has it for $21.99, as does Borders Books
- Barnes & Noble lists the book for $15.83
And, of course, your local library may have a copy. (The Portland library system has 20 copies — but they’re all checked out and there are 29 holds!)
So, if you’ve been waiting for the electronic version of my book, you need wait no longer. You can download Your Money: The Missing Manual for the Amazon Kindle (or the Kindle app on the iPhone or iPad) for just ten bucks. I appreciate the support!
Meanwhile, I still haven’t decided whether to pursue a second book. My agent and I had a conference with another, larger publisher. They’d like to do an actual Get Rich Slowly book, which I think is a great idea. However, their idea for what that book would look like is different than my idea of what it would look like. (I’d like to do a book that featured more narrative — stories from me and from GRS readers. I think using stories to illustrate concepts would be fantastic.)
Plus there’s the problem that I’m not ready to devote all of my time to another book. I’ve been under a lot of stress the past couple of years, and it’s only now beginning to let up. I want to savor this sense of freedom for a while.
Speaking of freedom: It’s time for me to head into downtown Portland to watch tonight’s Portland Timbers soccer match. I hope you all enjoy a great Independence Day weekend!
SEARCH FOR RECENT ARTICLES