Monday, 21st January 2013 (By Joe Taylor Jr.)
- Created for those with Excellent Credit and approval is based on your credit rating and application review.
- Low 7.25% variable standard purchase APR and platinum benefits
- No balance transfer fee for balances transferred in response to this online offer
- The new Discover it card is out to change the way people think about credit cards.
- Fair...No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transaction fee & no pay-by-phone fee. No late fee on your first late payment. And we won't increase your APR for paying late.*
- Generous...5% Cashback Bonus on up to $1,500 in purchases at Home Improvement Stores now through June with free and easy sign-up. And 1% cash back on all other purchases.*
- Bonus Miles: Earn 30,000 bonus miles toward Award Travel after you spend $500 on the Card within the first three months of Cardmembership.
- Earn As You Spend: Get 2X miles on Delta purchases and 1X miles for all other eligible dollars spent.
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight - that's a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the APR will be 11.99%-21.99% based upon your creditworthiness.*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer.
- Citi® Price Rewind searches for a lower price. Learn how you can get lower price after you purchase an item.
- Access to Exclusive Benefits: Baggage Insurance Plan* when you travel, and shop with confidence with Extended Warranty* and Return Protection
- Use points for gift cards for dining, entertainment, and to shop over 300 of some of your favorite merchants
- Get discounts and low rates at hotels and resorts, plus a $75 hotel credit when you book through Gold Hotel Collection
- Starpoints® bonus: earn up to 25,000 bonus points: 10,000 after your first purchase and another 15,000 after you spend $5,000 within the first 6 months of Cardmembership
- That's enough for a weekend getaway to a Category 4 Hotel like the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, or six free nights at a Category 2 Hotel
- Earn up to 5 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG hotels and resorts -- that's 2 Starpoints for using the Card in addition to the Starpoints you earn as an SPG member. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- Welcome Bonus: earn 7,500 points after you spend $1,000 within the first 3 months of Cardmembership - redeemable for a $100 statement credit.
- Flexible Ways to Earn: earn 1 point for virtually every dollar you spend on eligible purchases.
- Unlimited Travel Options: Travel with any airline, hotel, cruise, car rental and travel package - with no blackout dates.
- Earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of cardmembership*
- Your first eligible checked bag is free*
- Priority Boarding with Group 1 privileges* and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases*
- Earn 150 Reward Dollars after you make $1,000 in purchases in the first three months of Cardmembership.
- Earn Cash Back: 6% US supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases, 3% US gas stations & select US dept stores, 1% other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit.
- 20,000 bonus points when you spend $2,500 in the first 3 months of opening the Card account - that's worth $200 toward your next round-trip airline ticket
- Earn 5 points per dollar spent on airfare purchases
- Earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Earn More: earn 25K Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2K during your first three months of Card membership; earn 15K points after you spend $30,000 within one calendar year
- Earn Fast: 3X points for flights booked with airlines, 2X points at US gas stations and US supermarkets, 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- Use points for gift cards for dining, entertainment, and to shop over 300 of some of your favorite brands
- $100 cash back after $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 12 months. After that, the APR will be 12.99%-22.99% variable based on your creditworthiness*
- Earn 5% cash back from Citi at Home Depot, Home furnishing stores and home and garden stores between 4/1/13 and 6/30/13, with enrollment
Disclaimer:*These quotes are from credit card issuers which have paid for a link to their website. Offers are subject to change without notice and may not be the same for all consumers.
This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
Discover is a paid advertiser of this site. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. See the Discover online credit card application for full terms and conditions on offers and rewards.
Find the Best Credit Card Deals
Credit card promotions often target a type of customer that banks want to see more of in their portfolios. For instance, when market conditions force banks to preserve capital, expect to see a lot of special deals on charge cards or short term small business credit cards. On the other hand, if banks have plenty of money to lend, look for some major balance transfer and low interest deals. When tied to special events or seasonal cycles, credit card promotions also offer consumers a memorable excuse to think about switching banks.
Balance transfer credit cards
The best balance transfer credit cards tend to surface right after the holidays and just around tax season. Lenders expect that you're looking for an easy way to consolidate your seasonal purchases onto a single card, or that you're trying to reduce your finance charges on a big buy with a tax refund. Look for special promotions that eliminate or reduce balance transfer fees, while still offering low or no interest for a year or more.
Category-themed credit card promotions
Some banks have developed more complex promotions for their cash back credit cards, tying extra rewards to specially-timed purchases. A handful of popular credit cards use quarterly cycles that highlight buying categories like restaurants, grocery stores, department stores and travel providers. Try to find a credit card deal that will offer you the best rewards for your everyday spending, in addition to any major purchases you've planned for the next year.
Special sports and entertainment credit card promotions
Credit card issuers work hard to differentiate their brands from the competition. Getting cardholders access to VIP entertainment and sporting events has become one of the personal lending industry's favorite ways to add value, especially when trying to lure new customers.
For instance, Visa's sponsorship of the Olympics makes their card more attractive to global sports fans who often also use their cards for business travel. Discover's hockey and college football ties result in several special offers during the fall and winter. American Express' support for Fashion Week and for film festivals can inspire last-minute signups.
Lifestyle-based credit card promotions
Other credit cards bank on your desire to treat yourself to a trip, a meal, or an experience that falls well outside your ordinary household budget. For instance, one major card recently offered a $150 restaurant gift card as a signup bonus, enough to treat the whole family to a great meal out on the town. Airline credit cards sometimes offer free round trips, while hotel-branded accounts let new cardholders book free room nights.
Credit card promotions change often, usually in response to competitors' deals. Bookmarking an offer won't work for long, since some deals last for only weeks or even days. We continually update our interactive credit card comparison tool to help you keep track of the best credit card offers on the market right now, but you may have to act quickly to earn the biggest signup bonuses or the lowest interest rates.