Monday, 21st January 2013 (By Joe Taylor Jr.)
- Fair. No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transaction fee. Pay up to midnight ET online or by phone on your due date without a fee. Plus, paying late won't raise your APR.*
- Generous. 5% cash back at Home Improvement Stores, Furniture Stores and Bed Bath & Beyond® on up to $1,500 in purchases from April through June 2014.*
- Human. 100% U.S.-based customer service available any time.
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the APR will be 11.99%-21.99% based upon your creditworthiness.*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer.
- Citi® Easy DealsSM Get what you want for less. Earn Citi Easy Deals Points for the purchases you make with your card. Redeem your points for great online deals on name-brand merchandise, gift cards and even local deals.
- Earn up to 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points. Bonus points are redeemable for up to $500 in gift cards, up to $625 for airfare or other great rewards
- Earn 20,000 points after $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn an additional 30,000 points after another $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of your second year of being a cardmember
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 or more on purchases in the first 90 days from account opening. 40,000 bonus miles equates to $400 off your next travel redemption!
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months after account opening. After that, variable APR, currently 14.99% or 18.99%, based upon your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Start by earning 20,000 bonus miles when you make $1,000 or more in purchases in the first 90 days from account opening. 20,000 bonus miles equates to $200 off your next trip!
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers and purchases for the first 12 months after account opening. After that, variable APR, currently 14.99% or 18.99%, based upon your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X miles on travel and dining purchases
- 20,000 bonus points when you spend $2,500 within the first 3 months of opening the Card account
- Earn 5 points per dollar spent on airfare purchases
- Earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Earn $100 cash back after $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 5% cash back every quarter in must-have categories. Right now, on purchases at The Home Depot®, home furnishing and home and garden stores from 4/1/14 through 6/30/14.
- Enrollment each quarter is quick and easy
Disclaimer:*These quotes are from credit card issuers which have paid for a link to their website. Offers are subject to change without notice and may not be the same for all consumers.
Find the Best Credit Card Deals
Credit card promotions often target a type of customer that banks want to see more of in their portfolios. For instance, when market conditions force banks to preserve capital, expect to see a lot of special deals on charge cards or short term small business credit cards. On the other hand, if banks have plenty of money to lend, look for some major balance transfer and low interest deals. When tied to special events or seasonal cycles, credit card promotions also offer consumers a memorable excuse to think about switching banks.
Balance transfer credit cards
The best balance transfer credit cards tend to surface right after the holidays and just around tax season. Lenders expect that you're looking for an easy way to consolidate your seasonal purchases onto a single card, or that you're trying to reduce your finance charges on a big buy with a tax refund. Look for special promotions that eliminate or reduce balance transfer fees, while still offering low or no interest for a year or more.
Category-themed credit card promotions
Some banks have developed more complex promotions for their cash back credit cards, tying extra rewards to specially-timed purchases. A handful of popular credit cards use quarterly cycles that highlight buying categories like restaurants, grocery stores, department stores and travel providers. Try to find a credit card deal that will offer you the best rewards for your everyday spending, in addition to any major purchases you've planned for the next year.
Special sports and entertainment credit card promotions
Credit card issuers work hard to differentiate their brands from the competition. Getting cardholders access to VIP entertainment and sporting events has become one of the personal lending industry's favorite ways to add value, especially when trying to lure new customers.
For instance, Visa's sponsorship of the Olympics makes their card more attractive to global sports fans who often also use their cards for business travel. Discover's hockey and college football ties result in several special offers during the fall and winter. American Express' support for Fashion Week and for film festivals can inspire last-minute signups.
Lifestyle-based credit card promotions
Other credit cards bank on your desire to treat yourself to a trip, a meal, or an experience that falls well outside your ordinary household budget. For instance, one major card recently offered a $150 restaurant gift card as a signup bonus, enough to treat the whole family to a great meal out on the town. Airline credit cards sometimes offer free round trips, while hotel-branded accounts let new cardholders book free room nights.
Credit card promotions change often, usually in response to competitors' deals. Bookmarking an offer won't work for long, since some deals last for only weeks or even days. We continually update our interactive credit card comparison tool to help you keep track of the best credit card offers on the market right now, but you may have to act quickly to earn the biggest signup bonuses or the lowest interest rates.