dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - Seeking fundamentals.

GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:34 pm

Post subject: Seeking fundamentals.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:32 pm 

Hello, I am Jaime Escalante. I am a 23 year old male.My passions involve exercise/fitness/weightlifting mainly. I am a certified personal trainer, and have been thinking of competing in power lifting and or natural bodybuilding. I learned mostly everything I know in that area through forums, or sources I heard about through forums. I'm looking to do the same thing in the area of personal finance.

Right now I am in an area of my life in which I am kind of lost. Currently my number one priority is losing weight/body fat. In regards to career, I am pretty lost. I was in School last semester majoring in psychology. But I am really unsure about studying that. I have also been depressed for quite a few years which has probably hindered me significantly in being proactive. This semester I'm not in school.

the only educational experience i I have in regards to personal finance, is reading rich dad poor dad, and playing the supplemental boardgame cash flow. Personally, I think the book had great principles, but I also find Robert Kiyosaki to be a bit of an extremist.
I have come here to learn fundamental and practical applications in the area of personal finance or wealth building. If anyone has any links/ sources/ stickies to recommend as something I should read please do so. I'll include more later. Thank you.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Seeking fundamentals.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:52 pm 

What "fundamentals" are you looking for ?

Do you have debt?
Do you have savings?

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill