Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Post subject: Texas Hill Country
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:32 am 

Hey, Hey, Hey...

27 year old from Texas! Husband and I are looking to be debt free in <5 years! Did my fair share of damage during college, but husband attended private school (yikes!) so we are dealing with major student loans. After about a year on the Dave Ramsey plan, we've killed our credit card debt (wahoo!) and that's when I didn't have a job (living off of one income). We've really condensed our lifestyle. Truly have to subscribe to Ramsey's theory that you must "Live like no one else now, so you can live like no one else later". Trying to keep that philosophy to the top of my mind. Seems like everyone else in my age bracket owns a home, but I'm having to push that dream to the backburner so I can get what I need to taken care of.

Aside from wanting a stable retirement, husband and I both came from paycheck-to-paycheck families and are looking to provide more for our children (when they come, in the future).

The best thing I've learned about personal finance in the past year is that you can't compare yourself to anyone. Don't try to keep up with the Jones' because most of the time, their over their head in debt as well! Everyone's situation is different and you have to do what's best for YOU.

Best of luck with everyone's personal finance journey. I look forward to reading about them!

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill