What does Petula Clark have to say about personal finance?

Information about Get Rich Slowly and these forums. Introduce yourself here!
This is also a great place to share your projects (blogs, for example) with other members.

Moderator: lvergon

trent

What does Petula Clark have to say about personal finance?

Postby trent » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:22 pm

Downtown... things will be great when we're down town!

Sad, sad blatant consumerism.

Trent

jdroth
Site Admin

Postby jdroth » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:47 pm

What kind of name is Petula, anyhow?

nickel

Postby nickel » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:42 pm

JD, are you wearing a snap brim hat (or some such) in that picture, or do you have really big hair? ;)

kgazette

Postby kgazette » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:23 pm

nickel wrote:JD, are you wearing a snap brim hat (or some such) in that picture, or do you have really big hair? ;)

Oh man, if I had been drinking milk right when I read that, it would have certainly shot out of my nose. :lol:

jdroth
Site Admin

Postby jdroth » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:07 pm

It's a <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_cap">cap</a>, a cap with a story. Gather round, children, and here a tale of long ago, back when your host was but a wee lad. Actually, this tale is from 1987. I was a senior in high school. I played a small role in the musical, <i>Guys and Dolls</i>. Part of my costume was this cap. I loved the cap. I stole the cap. I've had it ever since. I've worn it from time-to-time (including for this photo, which is several years old), but it was only this winter that I began to wear it often.

Alas, I don't have big hair.

tinyhands

Sit down you're rocking the boat.

Postby tinyhands » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:35 am

jdroth wrote:I was a senior in high school. I played a small role in the musical, <i>Guys and Dolls</i>.

Quit stalking me! Guys & Dolls was my high school senior musical as well. My role in the chorus, however, was insignificant.

kgazette

Re: Sit down you're rocking the boat.

Postby kgazette » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:54 am

tinyhands wrote:
jdroth wrote:I was a senior in high school. I played a small role in the musical, <i>Guys and Dolls</i>.

Quit stalking me! Guys & Dolls was my high school senior musical as well. My role in the chorus, however, was insignificant.

I was stage manager for Guys & Dolls in high school. We also did Oklahoma!, and I nearly killed the cast with the set during a preview assembly (ok, they were never in any real danger, but the entire school did hear an enormous crack as the set was lifted!). Guys & Dolls holds a special place in my heart, though, because it was the first performance that I stage managed.

Return to “News & Announcements”