Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:50 pm 

Hello, my name's Tim. I've been fascinated with budgeting ever since I took my first finance class in high school. (A loooong time ago, heh.)

I'm looking forward to learning some tips here, and to help out others with advice as I can.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:18 pm 

Hi. I'm Pete. I may lurk more than I post, but just thought I ought to introduce myself anyway. I'm single, don't earn much but don't spend much either, so it all works out. :) My job puts me around lots of people who are over their heads in debt. I don't want to get that way, so I'm always interested in learning more about personal finance ideas and success stories, and one day I'd like to have a business of my own.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 am 

Hi everyone, My name is Penny, Im 22, single and wanna get rich and retire!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:10 am 

Howdy!
My name is Harold. I've read JD's blog for almost 2 years now and decided to join the forums. I hope to keep using his advice as a platform for the success of my family. I hail from Augusta, Ga.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:03 am 

Hi - I'm Chelley from Vancouver, Canada - home of the 2010 Winter Olympics!

I'm totally new to posting on forums...so new it took me half an hour to realize the newest posts were on the last page :oops: A new lesson every day.....

I'm looking forward to learning and sharing information on personal finance, and helping to elevate everybody's financial intelligence.

Happy Holidays to all!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:29 am 

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to be here! I am interested in getting rich slowly, hehe.

Here is a little bit about me. I am an accounting manager for a car dealership and am 43. I am recovering (financially) from a divorce in 2007 and trying to figure out how to best manage my money and billed wealth. I make really good money and have a real debt aversion. Most of my debt is in the form of 3 mortgages for two properties I own. Part of my divorce made me a landlord as the home was under water and renting it seemed the best alternative. Not crazy about renting out my home but it hasn't been bad so far. I also own a home that I live in.

I love my job but my other big focus is preparing for retirement in just over 20 years. This has been challenging and I have had to learn a lot about my options. I am forcing myself to learn about the stock market and investing.

Besides that, I have a cat that I love dearly. My passion is running although I am nursing an injury right now and hate the fact that I cannot run nearly what I used to. I have completed 5 half marathons so far. I also bowl for fun (I say this because I am not good at it) and to socialize with my friends. Cross stitching, cooking, and playing on the Internet pretty much round out the rest of my activities. I have a really good boyfriend who I love and loves me. That is about it - looking forward to diving into this forum!!!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:53 pm 

Hey y'all!
I'm julie, aka shorty j. I'm originally a Baltimoron (you can hear the twang, believe me) but I now live in New York City. I actually work in finance, but in a "support staff" capacity--I'm an archivist/historian/records manager.

I'm 26, and live with my partner and our dog. My partner just quit his job, with my blessing (they were doing some illegal stuff there and harassing him for refusing to condone it, so he quit and reported them). I'm currently trying to pay off about $4k I owe the IRS, due to being woefully ignorant of how taxes work when I was younger, haha. In addition, we're planning on tying the knot in early 2012; with my partner unemployed, at least for now, it's alllll on me. So we're on a pretty tight budget, but that's okay--even when he was working, we basically lived on one income anyway just in case of situations like this. It's actually kinda fun. (We have a strange definition of "fun." :P)

When I'm not being a cheapskate, I'm usually either playing music (I joined my first touring band at 13), going to concerts, or dancing--I took up Lindy hop/swing dancing about 2 years ago and it may be the best hobby on the planet. :D

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:43 pm 

Welcome Ladies. Glad to have you here.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:07 am 

Hi everyone! I am Jo and I live in England where we "worship" the sun whenever it comes out because grey/dull weather is our 'default' climate. It is great to join this vibrant community.

I'm a personal/business development coach and also engage in related activity in other business and social interests. I like to help people in anyway I can and derive great joy in relating to humankind and the natural world through personal interests such as hiking, music, travelling.

It's great to be here :D

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:01 pm 

Hi! I'm Pamela.

I'm crazy about my husband and my dog. I haven't participated in online forums since my comic geek days many years ago. This already looks like a much friendlier place. Believe me, you don't want to piss off a Batman true believer.

I've worked as a HUD-housing counselor for six years. I teach first time home buyer workshops, help people fix their credit, and prepare folks for homeownership.

Last year I decided my computer skills were getting way-outdated so I took up blogging. My first blog is dedicated to all things dog and is called Something Wagging This Way Comes (http://www.somethingwagging.com). I find dog people are as obsessive as comic book people but much friendlier.

Two weeks ago I started a blog for first time home buyers to cover all the stuff I never have time to cover in my classes. Oh, and because all the other blogs and websites out there for home buyers are either turgid or terribly self-serving. If you disagree, please send me links to good ones. I'm always on the look out for referrals I can make to my clients.

http://www.handsonhomebuyer.com - the simple, irreverent, and informative guide to buying your first home
Facebook - Hands on Home Buyer
Twitter - @handsonHB

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:37 am 

Welcome Jo and Pamela!!!!

Jo - don't hate me because I live in Florida and can be a sun worshipper nearly every day!!! Hee hee. But seriously welcome. I am pretty new here as well but it seems like a really nice site and I have found a lot of helpful people and some good sound advice.

Pamela - although I am on my 5 or 6th home, the buying process seems to get more an more complicated. My first home buying experience was a nightmare so I am glad to see someone who is willing to help and passionate about helping people learn about this process. Your first home is such a big and important step and should be a good experience. The more you educate yourself about the process the easier it should be.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:38 pm 

Hello. My name is Brian.

I've been reading GRS for a few months now and just recently realized the forums existed.

I'm joining up to learn more about personal finance and (hopefully) to help others with some of the lessons I have learned.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:14 pm 

Welcome Brian. I am fairly new to the forum as well - it has been a really good place to interact and learn.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Hello Hello
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:50 pm 

Hi everyone, I'm new to investing and looking to get my feet wet!

A little bit about my self, I'm enlisted in the US Navy. I've been taking a look at the stock market every once in a while for years now but never really knew anything about it. I've been paper trading for about a month now and gotten some good advice from a close family member so now I feel like it's time to invest my savings.

I usually spend an hour+ a day reading about different indicators and types of trading and looking over all 3000 stocks in the NYSE. Right now I'm just waiting on tradeking to lift the transfer hold on my money so I can actually start trading. Any advice is welcome :)

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Hello Hello
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:03 am 

Stripes_Fan wrote:
I usually spend an hour+ a day reading about different indicators and types of trading and looking over all 3000 stocks in the NYSE. Right now I'm just waiting on tradeking to lift the transfer hold on my money so I can actually start trading. Any advice is welcome :)

Hello and welcome! Thanks for serving your country.

My advice would be for you to read "The Little Book of Common Sense Investing," by Jack Bogle, before diving in and risking your hard-earned savings.

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next