Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:02 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:28 am 

Hello everyone, This Is Mike Moon and I am new to this forum. I found this forum many days ago but I didn't take participate in any thread or forum. So Today I decide to ask some thing abut the Home and business security. so I think this is the best platform for getting and sharing new ideas about every matters. so thanks for allowing me to do all these things.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:54 pm 

Hi am Daniel from New York. I am working in a software company. I am here to share my knowledge and have good discussions. I find new ideas from GR S. This is really good forum to participate.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:08 pm 

Hi,

I'm new here.

I screwed my life up financially and in other ways too, but I have been climbing out and making progress in just about every aspect of my life.

I'm glad to be here. I really hope to learn a lot from all of you and if there is any way I can contribute I will.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:01 am 

Hi Friends I am Daniel. I saw this forum while searching some information. I find very interesting topics and discussion over here. Even I am interested in this discussion and also like to share my experience with you all.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:14 am 

Hello everyone,

I'm Anton and I'm an aspiring financial writer, a successful investor and a zealous entrepreneur. I am the founder of http://www.DreamsCashTrue.com and I am extremely passionate about helping others better manage their money.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the Get Rich Slowly community and participating on these forums!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:26 pm 

Hello,

I'm Lillian and I just joined this forum. My husband and I have dreams of one day being debt free and are working toward that end. We are in our early 30's with four small children.

Over the past several years we have been hit hard by the economic downturn including loosing substantial value in our home as well as my husband's job of 6 years. (I am a stay at home mama.) We own both of our older vehicles and have no credit card debt. Last year we made the decision to cash in my husband's retirement fund after his job loss and use it to pay down our mortgage so we could refinance our home for a 15 year mortgage at a much lower interest rate. The rest of his retirement we are using to help us put him through nursing school. We are currently renting out our home and living in an apartment with our four children to save on living expenses and eliminate his commute to school and work since we now live beside both.

Recently we have run into some hurdles because we have learned that his program will take about 6 to 12 months longer than anticipated. We have had to take out student loans to finance his education and I am becoming very concerned that we will use our entire emergency fund trying to put him through school and then be down to $0 long before he even finishes school. I am feeling frustrated that this situation is out of control and we are on a sinking ship of sorts.

Would love to hear from anyone who has anything at all in common with our situation; ie owning rental property, going back to school, large families, smart financial/occupational decision making etc.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:43 pm 

Hi All
My name is Roger from Victoria in Australia. I have finally committed to becoming completely debt-free after years of poor money management.
I live with my wife in a beautiful weatherboard house on 1/4 acre in a small friendly town and have paid off all credit card debt, am building up a 6 mth emergency fund while also attacking my mortgage hard with the goal of paying it off in 10 years maximum. Found this forum after doing a search for debt free forums.... current knowledge influenced heavily by Dave Ramsey - makes a hell of a lot of sense to me :o

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:26 am 

rookie67 wrote:
Hi All
My name is Roger from Victoria in Australia. I have finally committed to becoming completely debt-free after years of poor money management.
I live with my wife in a beautiful weatherboard house on 1/4 acre in a small friendly town and have paid off all credit card debt, am building up a 6 mth emergency fund while also attacking my mortgage hard with the goal of paying it off in 10 years maximum. Found this forum after doing a search for debt free forums.... current knowledge influenced heavily by Dave Ramsey - makes a hell of a lot of sense to me :o

Hi Roger,
Nice to see you on this forum.Glad that you have joined here.Would love to share knowledge with you and of-course will help everyone here

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:46 pm 

rookie67 wrote:
Hi All

welcome to the forums roger! lovely to see more successful people in here.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: A New Member
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:44 am 

Hello friends, :rofl:

I didn't find any introduction thread. So I'm introducing myself here, this is Robbin Hood from US.Today I have join this community, I am very happy today because I get a chance to discuses in this community so I hope you will accompany with me.........Thanks and nice day,

Best Regards.
Robbin Hood

[MOD EDIT: Merged into "Introductions" thread]

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:54 am 

hi,
:)
a new member here. hope i would enjoy being here.see ya..

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:17 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I'm Anne from San Antonio, TX. Long-time reader, but new poster. I'm looking for ways to reduce expenses, increase income from side ventures, and how to grow my savings quickly. Also discovered recently that I'll be needing to move in a few months because of a large rent increase.

Thanks,

Anne

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:09 am 

Hi Guys!! new here! exploring the forum and seems nice!! http://www.juegosdetragamonedas.me

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Hi to all, I am called Legate.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:38 am 

I have thought about how we get into debt and this forum is based exactly on what I realized. That is that none of us accumulated the debts that we have occurred over a short period of time. So in order to eliminate those debts one has to free theirselves from debt over time. There is one thing that nobody realizes is that if all join together as a community. The eliminations of all our debts together is plausible.

Basically what I am looking for is someone that is very good in programming to partner with me so we all can get out of debt together.

I hope this doesn't scare anybody but I prefer getting out of debt and the money that I earn is not enough, because the majority of us are paying normal household bills and expenses, which burdens us by actually not having enough to pay the excess debts.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:37 pm 

Hi everyone,

I am a 27 year old civil engineer with $78k in student loan debt. I've learned a TON about personal finance through my struggles the past few years and hope that I can share what I've learned and also learn from the other members of the forum.

I have made a commitment to pay down my debt asap by making sacrifices everywhere I can. I got rid of the smart phone, sold the car and bought a used car for $600, eliminated cable and cut my other expenses to a point where I have been paying around $1,200 on my student loans every month.

My family thinks I'm crazy so I'm hoping to find others that have dealt with the same struggles and to gain some support!

Together we can all learn from our mistakes and work towards a debt free life!

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next