dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - new member and parent of special needs child

GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:27 pm

Post subject: new member and parent of special needs child
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:26 pm 

Hello,

I am loving this web site and the forums are great as well! I am always seeking to learn more and more on the topic to put the puzzle pieces of my life together. One thing I am very interested in is reading about financial matters vis a vis being a parent of a special needs child. In other words, I have a 9 yr old son who has a few diagnoses and has enough challenges that our income as a household has been severely limited by his needs (staying home with him, etc etc - often a special needs child is a full time job in and of itself!). This being the case we are doubly challenged to earn and save and live below our means - and I am wondering if being in the red is just a permanent fact of having a child with disabilities. I know that, finally, some recent studies on the matter have revealed the enormous financial toll and strain having a child with issues can be for families not already rich. I dont find any forums about this topic and few websites about it....I wonder if there are any such parents here?

:?:

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:36 am 
Hello welcome to the forum, hope you will come across with the people from whom you can get help :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill