new member and parent of special needs child

Information about Get Rich Slowly and these forums. Introduce yourself here!
This is also a great place to share your projects (blogs, for example) with other members.

Moderator: lvergon

airbucket

new member and parent of special needs child

Postby airbucket » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:26 pm

Hello,

I am loving this web site and the forums are great as well! I am always seeking to learn more and more on the topic to put the puzzle pieces of my life together. One thing I am very interested in is reading about financial matters vis a vis being a parent of a special needs child. In other words, I have a 9 yr old son who has a few diagnoses and has enough challenges that our income as a household has been severely limited by his needs (staying home with him, etc etc - often a special needs child is a full time job in and of itself!). This being the case we are doubly challenged to earn and save and live below our means - and I am wondering if being in the red is just a permanent fact of having a child with disabilities. I know that, finally, some recent studies on the matter have revealed the enormous financial toll and strain having a child with issues can be for families not already rich. I dont find any forums about this topic and few websites about it....I wonder if there are any such parents here?

:?:

sandyandry

Postby sandyandry » Sat May 02, 2009 2:36 am

Hello welcome to the forum, hope you will come across with the people from whom you can get help :)

Return to “News & Announcements”