Quicken Loans

Anything goes. But keep it civil, please.

Moderator: lvergon

fantasma

Quicken Loans

Postby fantasma » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Anyone have good or bad experiences with them? My colleagues recommended them to me as well as BB&T.

As a first time home buyer.
Be what you want to attract.

Tightwad

Re: Quicken Loans

Postby Tightwad » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:08 pm

fantasma wrote:Anyone have good or bad experiences with them? My colleagues recommended them to me as well as BB&T.

As a first time home buyer.

I've had one run in with Quicken. Those idiots thought I would disclose financial information about a mutual customer just because they called me out of the blue & asked.

BB&T is probably fine. Traditional bank. Probably will have a laundry list of loan requirements that are more stringent than Quicken. Gotta buddy that works there.

sandrark

Postby sandrark » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:22 pm

We used Quicken Loans for our recent refi. Most of it was uploading PDFs for income/taxes/paychecks, and that was great.

We paid a slightly-higher-than-market-rate on interest, but lower costs in fees. Since it was easy, that made DH happy, and I was thrilled to chop 9 years off our mortgage term.

LeRainDrop

Postby LeRainDrop » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Just a couple days ago, Holly Johnson at Club Thrifty wrote about her experience refinancing with Quicken Loans: http://clubthrifty.com/quicken-loans-re ... refinance/ (Holly is also a staff writer at the Get Rich Slowly blog.)

Return to “General Discussion”