How do you see yourself

Anything goes. But keep it civil, please.

Moderator: lvergon

RayinPenn

How do you see yourself

Postby RayinPenn » Sat May 21, 2016 8:21 am

I'm wading a few feet from shore tossing my lure (a crocodile) into the jones beach inlet with the hopes of finding striped bass or blue fish. A 40ft cigarette boat comes flying by, loud, obnoxious and in my eyes -useless. A mindless, conspicuous display of wealth and nothing more. Turn the key point the nose and go. It screamed hey look at me. Impractical and a waste of our limited oil. The fish are spooked and I'm more then annoyed but It is a beautiful day, I'm in no rush and I know bluefish are a ravenous lot.

I didn't hear her until she was nearly abreast of me - a 40ft something sloop. Both mainsail and jib taught in the steady breeze. She was moving along briskly, silent, stealthy, beautiful and substantial. Oh she too cost a pretty penny but she could sail to Bermuda on little or no fuel, just skill and experience - she was a delight to the senses.

Wealth like most things in life is a choice: the ugly conspicuous cigarette boat or the beauty and stealth of the sailboat. No matter how much I fantasize , in the end, I always opt for the sailboat.

Timex watch, modest reliable cars, No toys -I chose to leave no wake.
RayinPenn

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
― Mark Twain

DaveInPgh

Re: How do you see yourself

Postby DaveInPgh » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:21 am

Living in a Florida Beachfront condo, sitting on the balcony with my feet up listening to the waves come crashing in.

ThriftyMommy

Postby ThriftyMommy » Mon May 15, 2017 12:51 am

I see myself, travelling from different places and visiting my own resorts.

FunSpeedAhead

Postby FunSpeedAhead » Tue May 16, 2017 10:53 am

Perhaps I like too many things? I grew up sailing a bit and loved it. But, I like speed too. (Yes, my username checks out) *IF* I was told I had to chose one, it would definitely be sailing. Seems like I'm usually tacking in life anyway.

Return to “General Discussion”