Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:54 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:20 pm 

Playoffs are some of the best basketball you'll ever see. The last time I did them I split the tix with someone so we alternated games.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:37 pm 

I once spent $650 on a pair of Maple Leafs playoff tickets. Lower bowl in the ACC, 10 rows up from the ice on the corner. I originally bought them intending to re-sell them. However, I ended up going to the game with a friend.

After the first period, the Leafs fell behind by a goal. For the next thirty minutes of play the place was like a tomb. No energy. The crowd was getting more and more frustrated and restless. I was feeling disappointed with my purchase.

About four minutes left in the game, Sundin left a drop pass for Stevie Thomas not twenty feet from where we sat. Thomas thundered home a slap shot, top right corner and the place blew up! I couldn't even hear myself cheer it was so loud. They went on to win it in overtime.

The trouble with sports tickets is that they can be worth every dime if something special happens. Other times, you could have spent the dollars more wisely at Taco Bell. (I'm not a fan of Taco Bell.) It surely is a gamble.

squished

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:44 pm 

well.. i went ahead and bought the tickets.. i realized when i got them in the mail that i paid a lot more than face value :cry:

my soul regrets the decision.. but hey.. you only live once :wink:

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:03 am 
Site Admin

Let us know how the game turns out!

My big splurge this weekend is going to be $35 for an hour of horseback riding. Not exactly playoff tickets, but it should be fun.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:15 pm 

This is the first year in the last 5 that we didn't buy a full playoff ticket package for the Ottawa Senators. They were always our splurge for the year, although they unfortunately?/fortunately? always ended up cheaper than planned since the Sens went out earlier than expected. It wasn't so much a financial decision this year as much as we're just squeezed for time. It's a big financial committment, but we can afford it, and it's something we both love to go to.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:58 am 

I agree with everyone who said to go for it if it doesn't put you in debt or cause a hardship.

We just pad that much to go to a concert but it is one that we have been trying to go to for years so I think it was worth it and we can afford it so it didn't cause a hardship.

The memory will be more memorable than the $300 in a savings account.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:57 pm 

jdroth wrote:
Let us know how the game turns out!

My big splurge this weekend is going to be $35 for an hour of horseback riding. Not exactly playoff tickets, but it should be fun.

i went to game 4 last sunday.. and it was an experience i will never forget.. golden state fans are the best hoop fans in the country!

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:12 pm 

It was a great series to watch. Every team but Phoenix will have trouble matching up against them so next round will be a good one also.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:28 pm 

I think the whole reason for devoting the time and effort to your personal finances is so you'll have the ablity to decide how valuable something is to you, and to have the freedom to do the things you consider valuable. I look at every $1 bag of spice drops as too expensive. But $50 to spend the day at the art museum with my wife is cheap. Now, I can afford to do that.

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1, 2