update on the BBQ post

Anything goes. But keep it civil, please.

Moderator: lvergon

sandycheeks

update on the BBQ post

Postby sandycheeks » Sun May 20, 2007 6:16 am

K, Last night we had our BBQ/Cookout. This month happens to be very tight for us financially and I was sweating it a little. An unexpected win in the Preakness pool to the tune of $90 offsets the cost but that was unexpected.

So here's what we had: burgers, dogs, sausage, macaroni salad, potato salad, veggie platters, fruit platters, chips/dip, chocolate fountain w/strawberries and pretzels, bottled water, soda, beer and juiceboxes.

We have a lot of stuff leftover. We have a whole box of burgers that was never opened, several bags of rolls, tons of plates, at least 2 cases of beer.

Yes, people brought things but you can't count on that when planning a party.

We spent under $300 and had about 30 adults and 20 kids (yes it was crowded) So it turns out that you can have a nice party without breaking the bank. We're not talking filet and crabcakes, but I'm pleased.

jdroth
Site Admin

Postby jdroth » Sun May 20, 2007 8:08 am

Excellent!

Planning for a group BBQ like this can be hit-or-miss. You never know what other people are going to bring. My preference is to have too much food than not enough, but then I end up eating the leftovers for weeks! :)

Return to “General Discussion”