Help Me Name My Business

Anything goes. But keep it civil, please.

Moderator: lvergon

Hegs

Help Me Name My Business

Postby Hegs » Fri May 06, 2011 2:02 pm

Hey GRS readers! I would like your opinion on something. I am going to be starting a business in the near future. I am an Accredited Financial Counslor and am hopefully a Certified Financial Planner in the coming months. My business will be focusing on middle Americans and assisting them with financial planning topics. I really want to help individuals who are struggling to get started or who are just overwhelmed with mundane financial decisions. I know most of you all are "do-it-yourself" types, but there are people out there that need assistance.

Anyway, I would really like an opinion on a business name. I have it narrowed down to two choices.

Middle America Financial
First Step Financial

Which do you think is better? Keep in mind that I want it to sound professional and I also want it to be easy to remember (marketability). If you have any questions, feel free to add them to the thread.

I appreciate your input!

Adam

Savarel

Re: Help Me Name My Business

Postby Savarel » Fri May 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Looks like First Step is taken:

http://firststepfinancialgroup.com/

Hegs

Postby Hegs » Fri May 06, 2011 2:30 pm

Well, I own firststepfinancial.org. The .com is owned by a speculator and could be purchased in the future if needed.

peachy

Postby peachy » Sat May 07, 2011 4:08 am

I like First Step Financial. A lot of people are afraid to take the first step, so it seems like a good start.

Middle America Financial sounds like you are only focused on people who live in the midwest, and it doesn't tell me anything about what you plan to do. Are you a bank? Are you a loanshark, etc..

Good luck with your venture.

50Cents

Postby 50Cents » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:15 am

What about using your surname? Thats always common

madison85

Postby madison85 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:09 am

First Step Financial sounds more professional and therefore I would choose that name. Although having a name with America in does sound more friendly and may attach a different sort of crowd.

Return to “General Discussion”