dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - Would this business idea stand a chance??

GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:15 pm

Post subject: Would this business idea stand a chance??
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:14 pm 

Alright guys I need some good advice as I'm starting to feel that I could start my own business and I don't have much experience in the area.

Basically I want to sell websites & online marketing packages to different companies. A lot of my work would be contracted out (such as legal documentation, possibly outsourcing content to be written by freelancers, as well as hiring photographers in the area of my clients etc...) Also I will be using a free CMS but would be charging for the service of having set up the software to their specifications etc...

Probably isn't the best time to come up with a business but from what I've learned I'm pretty sure I can deliver quality websites and I have a decent enough idea to market it to people that I could make it work. In addition to delivering marketing services online that would attract even more clients. Any help greatly appreciated.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Would this business idea stand a chance??
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:13 pm 

Stripes_Fan wrote:
Alright guys I need some good advice as I'm starting to feel that I could start my own business and I don't have much experience in the area.

Basically I want to sell websites & online marketing packages to different companies. A lot of my work would be contracted out (such as legal documentation, possibly outsourcing content to be written by freelancers, as well as hiring photographers in the area of my clients etc...) Also I will be using a free CMS but would be charging for the service of having set up the software to their specifications etc...

Probably isn't the best time to come up with a business but from what I've learned I'm pretty sure I can deliver quality websites and I have a decent enough idea to market it to people that I could make it work. In addition to delivering marketing services online that would attract even more clients. Any help greatly appreciated.

Stripes,

What you are describing is not a bad idea but it is a very saturated market. Most businesses that want websites already have them. And there are many ways to get a free website online if you want one. So, if you can offer a truly premium services that truly performs better than what business owners can get for free then you might make a little bit. But you will have very tough competition from companies with a great deal of experience.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:04 am 

I agree with Doinghomework, Your business plan would have to be towards small or medium size business as large organisations would have a company doing its SEO with web-sites ect. Small organisation could go and get a free web-site and therefore you would have to rely on their naivety to think they can do it themselves. On the face of it; it seem like a good idea, will it work I do not know?

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:32 pm 

Go to a website called http://www.elance.com. There you will find thousands of companies competing to do what you described. I guess you could sign up with the site and be a contractor but you would be competing with people all over the world, some with very low wage rates.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:28 pm 

What everyone has stated is true (I have worked in the markets they are discussing, and have many clients that have used such services.)

Also, it sounds like your idea may be to setup a CMS that is free for the client, which most of these a novice could pick up and setup pretty quickly, so you would be hard pressed to only do that. To stand out you need to be able to not only set these up, but do other things such as designing a site for a client, taking several services that site may use and combining them to work efficiently.

Things you need to know if you are going to do something like this is ALL of the "internet languages", not just HTML and CSS. You dont have to go very deep in all of them, but if you can't look at 99% of websites and tell exactly whats going on and from where, then you wont be able to even come remotely close to explaining it to a client, or trying to make the changes they request.

You also have to be ready for demanding clients that may not pay much. I have worked with people that have paid me large sums of money for what i felt was a minor project, and then others that i make less the minimum wage on their projects, and guess what, the ones that pay me less end up being the most demanding.

Also, as someone pointed out, it is very hard to get to a good paying level with these jobs. Your best bet is to learn alittle bit of everything (just to be able to read whats going on if you will) and then to get REALLY good at a couple. This way when someone is looking for a specific item to be made in X language, you will be able to do it better then most the market.

Just a few ideas, but I wouldn't quit your day job anytime soon, you need many clients to support something like this full time, and on the sites listed you need MANY reviews before you will consistently get business from those sites and raise prices.

Best of luck!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:38 am 

Hello Mr.Stripes_Fan

your ideas and plantings are good..in today's markets outsourcing field have a wide range of opportunities...so you can start your interested outsourcing business..first make a well research about your desired fields...you can ask and clarify your doubts from any of the experienced person in this fields... :call:

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill