Tip?

Anything goes. But keep it civil, please.

Moderator: lvergon

Shaun

Tip?

Postby Shaun » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:52 pm

At a baseball game, are you supposed to tip the guys who walk around selling beer and peanuts in the stands?
Shaun

DoingHomework

Re: Tip?

Postby DoingHomework » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:03 pm

Not if you don't buy anything. LOL. I'd say no and I have ever seen anyone tip them. It's probably ok if you do but I don't think it is expected.

Shaun

Postby Shaun » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Went to a Reds game today. I got up and walked to the concession stand b/c I didn't know whether to tip the guys or not.
Shaun

bpgui

Postby bpgui » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:49 pm

I never have, and have never seen anyone do so.

I have had the all inclusive tickets before, which includes beer, soda, and a buffet of all sorts of food. I did tip the staff there.

peachy

Postby peachy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Yes, you are supposed to tip them. Do you realize how heavy those beer/peanut carts are to carry around?

If you don't want to tip, I suggest going to the concession stand, but if you get your beer from the person walking around, please tip them. That's why they are working so hard; for your tips.

Shaun

Postby Shaun » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:38 pm

peachy wrote:Yes, you are supposed to tip them. Do you realize how heavy those beer/peanut carts are to carry around?

If you don't want to tip, I suggest going to the concession stand, but if you get your beer from the person walking around, please tip them. That's why they are working so hard; for your tips.

Never said I didn't want to tip. But, I don't want to tip if you're not supposed to. I didn't know so I just avoided buying anything from them.
Shaun

DoingHomework

Postby DoingHomework » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:57 pm

peachy wrote:Yes, you are supposed to tip them. Do you realize how heavy those beer/peanut carts are to carry around?

Peachy, I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years for a major collegiate football team. I see people buy stuff all the time. And since we have aisle seats we often hand the product/money/change down the line. I have literally never seen tipping happen.

I'm not saying you're wrong or that the hawkers don't work hard and deserve it. But this might be a regional thing.

I've also been to some minor league baseball games and had the same experience.

Return to “General Discussion”