Do you have the new series of Doctor Who yet?

Anything goes. But keep it civil, please.

Moderator: lvergon

plonkee

Do you have the new series of Doctor Who yet?

Postby plonkee » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:53 am

I mean the second series with David Tennant as The Doctor.

A couple of weeks ago I got over excited just when a little tiny trailer came on with about 3 seconds of the music. Its never quite as good as I anticipate though.
In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. John von Neumann

uk personal finance and religion and atheist

jdroth
Site Admin

Postby jdroth » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:49 pm

I've only seen the first series (and not even all of that). I really liked it -- I thought the Doctor was great (I forget the name of the fellow who played him). I keep hoping that iTunes will add some BBC shows here in the U.S. There's no good way for me to get Doctor Who, otherwise. (I have to BitTorrent it.)

flexo

Postby flexo » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:09 pm

I've seen all of Series 1 and the first episode of Series 2... it's all worthy of being called Doctor Who, in the tradition of Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker. Much better than the FOX movie. (I've been Whovian since I was about 5 years old. I had all the syndicated episodes on videotape thanks to NJN and WHYY.)

gkleinman

Postby gkleinman » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:33 pm

Really enjoyed Season 2 of the new Dr. Who. There's a series in the UK that is done by the same guy who does the new Dr. Who.. it's called Torchwood and it's VERY VERY good!

plonkee

Postby plonkee » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:19 am

I like Torchwood apart from Gwen the drippy Welsh girl, but you can't have everything.
In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. John von Neumann

uk personal finance and religion and atheist

Gnashchick

Postby Gnashchick » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:57 pm

I'm hoping Torchwood comes to the US SciFi channel. Is it available on iTunes or a video download site anywhere? I loved the new Dr. Who seasons, I've seen 1 and 2, both on SciFi, and like what the new director(s) are doing with it.
Steal what works, fix what's broke, fake the rest

Long Way from Home

Ugh, I paid too much for Season 1 dvds

Postby Long Way from Home » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:52 pm

I bought the first season because watching the second season finale made Neil Gaiman's youngest child cry. I liked season 2 which I taped off of the tv much better and they are always reairing both seasons. That was such a painful purchase.

gkleinman

Postby gkleinman » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:12 pm

Gnashchick wrote:I'm hoping Torchwood comes to the US SciFi channel. Is it available on iTunes or a video download site anywhere? I loved the new Dr. Who seasons, I've seen 1 and 2, both on SciFi, and like what the new director(s) are doing with it.

Right now you can only legally get it via DVD from the UK using a region free player.

Return to “General Discussion”