Where did my turtle go?

Anything goes. But keep it civil, please.

Moderator: lvergon

lhamo

Where did my turtle go?

Postby lhamo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:02 pm

This is kind of a silly/frivolous question, but thought I'd ask anyway. I have shortcut buttons on my IE homepage for various favorite websites. In the past, my shortcut logo for GRS has always been the little turtle. But a couple of days ago on my netbook, the logo somehow switched to being a green dollar sign. I want my turtle back! It is still there on my work computer, but not on the netbook I use for home. Does anybody know what might have happened and how I can restore the turtle? The dollar sign is kind of obnoxious/garish.

Thanks for any suggestions.

stannius

Re: Where did my turtle go?

Postby stannius » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:15 am

What version of IE do you use? (In both places).

It looks like http://getrichslowly.org/favicon.ico is the dollar signImage, and yet, in all my browsers (even with cleared cache) it shows up as the turtle. Curious.

bpgui

Postby bpgui » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:07 pm

Mine shows up as the turtle too. I'm using Firefox

DoingHomework

Postby DoingHomework » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:36 pm

I get the turtle in Chrome.

lhamo

Postby lhamo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:05 am

I've got IE9 running on my home computer, with the Windows 7 starter version as the operating system. I'm pretty positive my work computer is running an older version of IE, maybe IE7? And Windows XP on that machine.

The turtle shows up as the logo for the tab for this open window, but the shortcut button is the fat dollar sign. I still like the turtle best, so if anyone technically inclined knows how I can reset the shortcut icon, I would be most grateful.

lhamo

Return to “General Discussion”