How do I put a quote from another poster in my post?

Anything goes. But keep it civil, please.

Moderator: lvergon

Tina

How do I put a quote from another poster in my post?

Postby Tina » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:01 pm

I've tried to do this a couple of ways but it dosen't seem to work or atleast the quote doesn't look different when I preview it. I'm sure it's something quite simple but darned if I can figure it out.

pf101

Re: How do I put a quote from another poster in my post?

Postby pf101 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:28 pm

Etiana wrote:I've tried to do this a couple of ways but it dosen't seem to work or atleast the quote doesn't look different when I preview it. I'm sure it's something quite simple but darned if I can figure it out.

2 ways:

1 - hit the "quote" button in the top right corner of the post you want to quote.
2 - copy the text you want and paste it into a new post. then highlight it and hit the "quote" button above (by the bold, ital, underline, etc. buttons)

pf101

Re: How do I put a quote from another poster in my post?

Postby pf101 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:29 pm

Etiana wrote:I've tried to do this a couple of ways but it dosen't seem to work or atleast the quote doesn't look different when I preview it. I'm sure it's something quite simple but darned if I can figure it out.

3 ways:

1 - hit the "quote" button in the top right corner of the post you want to quote.
2 - copy the text you want and paste it into a new post. then highlight it and hit the "quote" button above (by the bold, ital, underline, etc. buttons)
3 - manually put in the quote command by doing an open square bracket "[" followed by quote and a close bracket "]" at the start of the text and the same but with /quote at the end.

Tina

Postby Tina » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:38 am

2 ways:

2 - copy the text you want and paste it into a new post. then highlight it and hit the "quote" button above (by the bold, ital, underline, etc. buttons
)

Thanks a bunch pf101 for your help, I think I've got it!

Return to “General Discussion”