This idea have potential?

Anything goes. But keep it civil, please.

Moderator: lvergon

Shaun

This idea have potential?

Postby Shaun » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:58 am

Parent or grandparents of newly licensed children.... do you think you would be interested in paying for a driving course that focused on safety and defensive driving for your newly licensed youngster? I spend a lot of time on the road and notice that there are way more bad drivers out there than good ones.
Shaun

dontgopoor

Re: This idea have potential?

Postby dontgopoor » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:39 am

There are many courses available. I like the Smith System the best with their 5 Keys.

I've found that most young drivers mimic the driving behavior of their parents.
www.dontgopoor.com
SOLD: Don't Go Poor and Miserable Being Sold Happiness - teaching consumers how to buy

Eagle

Postby Eagle » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:46 am

dontgopoor wrote:There are many courses available. I like the Smith System the best with their 5 Keys.

I've found that most young drivers mimic the driving behavior of their parents.

I agree. I've taken the Smith System course. Their system/program is awesome!
~ Eagle
www.eaglesoaringhigher.com

Shaun

Postby Shaun » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:10 pm

I have only found a couple of driving courses in my area, and they all seem to focus on giving the class that is required to get your drivers license. I'm talking about a 1 on 1 class that focuses on defensive driving and safety, not just learning what street signs mean and how to pass the license test. I'm wondering if that's something that parents that are concerned about their children's safety when the first get their license would be interested in.

I also agree that smith system is great... I'm actually a certified instructor. It really should be required training for everyone that drives, but from what I've seen it's only really used in a commercial driving setting.

Obviously I couldn't repackage smith system and teach it, but I would use some of the same principles and go beyond that.

...just thinking out loud.
Shaun

iDude

Postby iDude » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:59 am

Shaun wrote:Parent or grandparents of newly licensed children.... do you think you would be interested in paying for a driving course that focused on safety and defensive driving for your newly licensed youngster? I spend a lot of time on the road and notice that there are way more bad drivers out there than good ones.

Are they bad drivers, or just mediocre drivers distracted by their phone conversation? :@

Spiral

Postby Spiral » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:07 am

Shaun,
I think it's a great idea. Every parent is concerned about child safety. You can work with associations for survivors of accident to promote the business. Good luck!
"Your focus determines your reality"
I craft my secret business plans with B-Folders

Return to “General Discussion”