Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Post subject: Help Me Guys!!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:33 am 

Hello Everyone,

What is the Difference between Distance Education and Regular Education ???

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Help Me Guys!!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:56 am 

With distance education you are usually not in the same place as the school. Your classes are delivered by video or online.

Beyond that there can be very little difference. Distance educations works extremely well for some people and very badly for others. If you have self-discipline and are well motivated then it is more likely to work for you. If you are considering it then I strongly suggest you take a course that way to see how it works for you.

And do NOT even consider paying money to a school that is not regionally accredited!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:25 pm 

I echo the recommendation to try it before committing. I am an excellent student in the traditional classroom, but a terrible student in a distance learning environment. It's very different from what you might be used to from high school or college.

Good luck!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:08 am 

JMC wrote:
I echo the recommendation to try it before committing. I am an excellent student in the traditional classroom, but a terrible student in a distance learning environment. It's very different from what you might be used to from high school or college.

Good luck!

Conversely, I strongly prefer distance courses. I get extremely bored n a traditional classroom where the emphasis is on "contact hours" rather than what students know. If I can learn something in 15 minutes of research then demonstrate my understanding, what is the point of me wasting time listening to some professor ramble on for an hour or so while other students sit around with blank stares or ask stupid questions?

But, I would also say that distance courses probably work far better for graduate programs or specialty courses for well prepared students than they do for teaching the basics. And the failure rate of students in distance course is usually high and that is generally attributed to poor self-motivation As a student you really need to be hones with yourself and don't look at distance education as an easy way out because it usually takes MORE work than a traditional class.

I would also steer you away from private schools offering distance programs. Stick with state schools! There are some very good private schools that have distance programs but there are also some major scams out there from schools whose names you are familiar with!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:40 am 

Both distance and regular classes have their own advantages. If you are working and cannot attend classes then you can opt for distance education but always make sure that the study materials provided are good enough and the university is also recognized.

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill