Road Trippin

Anything goes. But keep it civil, please.

Moderator: lvergon

pf101

Road Trippin

Postby pf101 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:20 pm

Hey all, just thought I'd solicit some feedback. I'm planning a 2 week road trip with my mom (could be the last time you hear from me as I might end up dead or in jail for murder) and my thought is to make a driving loop starting in Portland then hitting Glacier NP, Missoula, MT and Yellowstone NP.

Any thoughts on how long to stay or what to see in either of those NPs. Also, can anyone make a hotel recommendation for that area, particularly glacier west side. Anything I shouldn't miss along the way?

Thanks for any suggestions. As I get more plans nailed down I'll post here for feedback.

jdroth
Site Admin

Postby jdroth » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:54 pm

I've never been to the places you mention, but it seems to me -- if it fits your schedule -- that you could hit Crater Lake NP on the return swing. Diamond Lake, which is about half an hour from Crater Lake, is a great place to stay. Very relaxing.

I've never done a road trip before, though it's something that appeals to me. I like to drive. If I ever again own a car that's fun to drive, I may do something like this, if I can convince Kris to tag along...

Return to “General Discussion”