Its difficult to know what will be best for you without asking some questions.
1. Why didn't you get a job when you left school?
2. What kind of job are you thinking of doing?
3. Do you have any plans to go to University?
4. What subjects are you planning on taking?
5. What did you get the first time round?
6. Why do you think you will do better this time?
Basically, I'm trying to say that you need to consider what your goals are, and whether they are realistic. I'm guessing that you are about 19ish. If you have a career in mind that you won't be able to get into without better grades or if you really want to go to Uni, and you honestly think you can get better grades then go for it.
If you are going back to college because you don't know what else to do, that can still be a good idea, but there is a great risk that you will finish up the end of the year without knowing what you want to do - you need to figure this out.
If originally when you took your highers you took your best subjects, worked as hard as you could and got poor grades and you now want to retake, I'd question whether you are being realistic - perhaps a different sort of course would suit you better.
The other question to ask yourself is, what kind of job prospects have you reasonably got where you live?
For non-Brits, Highers are approximately the same level as high school diploma or taking APs. In Scotland you take at least Highers to get into HE college or University. The British system in both Scotland and England/Wales/NI is very exam / qualification oriented and many people retake Highers / Advanced Highers / A-Levels to get better grades.
I have a few ideas of what i want to do but havent yet decided. i'd consider going to uni but thats down to my grades thats one reason why i want them better cos it'd make that as a possible choice. I also want the grades higher soo that i'd have good enough grades to become a manager or get a job as an electrician. Going to college for me is mostly about opening up more choices for a better career in the future.
To answer your questions
1. I left School 2 years ago to get a job but because theres not alot of jobs in my area i was put in a training scheme which i was in for 9 months. As much as i tryed to get a job after i left school i still havent had any luck.
2. I have many ideas of jobs such as Manager, train driver, electrician, Police officer, chief And a few others which i cant yet think of but should come to me later. Few things are holding me back to become a manager i need good grades. to be a train driver i need to be 21 i'm 18 now. To be an electrician i need good grades aswell as find a company to take me out on an apprentiship which is hard cause there are alot of youngsters competing for apprentiship places. Police officer i need a driving licence. Chief i need qualifications.
3. I would consider uni but would have to choose a career first.
4. Physics, mathematics, english and hospitality thats the 4 main ones
5. I got an intemediate 1 for physics and mathematics 4 General same for english the rest was all 4's except art and design which was a 3.
6. I think i will do better this time because i'm more motivated to do it. Back in school i didnt study at all leading up to my exams as i didnt care less about my future and i just wanted out of school to just dive into a job.
When i think about it now though its not any job i want its a well paid one and i want a job where i can have a good career from it or even open my own business like a chief for example. I dont fancy going in and out a job all my life just to pay my mortgage or put food on the table. Thats one of the main reasons why i've decided to go to college but all the negitivity i'm getting from certain people in my family and no support is kinda putting me off the idea about college. even though i beleive its best.