20% down payment fund: fully funded. thanks, tax refund!
speechlessness and disbelief. i have nothing else to say on that. so moving on...
next up is getting a trust set up for baby. then a break.
going back to the very first post in this thread, here's our goal progress:
1. knocking out the rest of our student loans done 3/2011
2. building up retirement savings ongoing
3. building up the emergency fund to reflect new cost of living feels comfortable but might add slightly here
4. save for a down payment on a home 20% saved 2/2013
looking back to those early posts, it's so nice to pay ourselves rather than pay something off.
1. continue retirement savings
2. add 20% more to emergency fund
3. baby savings (i'm hoping my upcoming career move will enable me to give him college benefits, but to be safe...)
4. additional savings for either car replacement fund or increasing down payment
not sure what else we should be focusing on. ideas?