My 1st Marathon

New! Use this space to post your goals, accomplishments, and setbacks on your path to get rich slowly. Others can read about your situation, and provide critiques and motivation. Look here to find somebody who has experienced a situation similar to yours!

Moderators: lvergon, Fiscal Fitness Moderator

Latro

Postby Latro » Wed May 30, 2007 8:26 am

Still working hard to keep working. Or something along those lines.

I wanted to keep at least a jog through the entire 30 minutes and didn’t want to get burned out too early. My shins didn’t hurt nearly as bad as they had during the previous distance workout and the small cramping muscle in my foot didn’t act up until I was out for about 15 minutes… Fortunately for me the pain went away at about the 20 minute mark and let me concentrate on finishing the 30 minute run.

30 minute run

Latro

Postby Latro » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:20 am

I need to loose weight, and follow a more strict diet!!! Sooner rather than later

When I started writing this blog I realized that I was a few pounds over weight but I always believed that as I started to increase my workout distances, intensities, and frequencies that the weight would just shed off… I was wrong.

jdroth
Site Admin

Postby jdroth » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:34 am

I received the Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer in the mail yesterday. I don't have time to do the program this year, but hope to follow it in 2008!

Latro

Postby Latro » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:36 am

Sounds good. Hopefully I'll be training for Marathon #2 by then. And remember, its never too early to start training!

Latro

Postby Latro » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:24 am

I ran 5 miles yesterday and burned 743 calories:

At first I was amazed that in just one workout I had burned about 1/3 the average recommended caloric intake for the average person. But as I continued to walk home I started to think about how many calories are in a single fast food meal. When I got home I looked up this information and found out that for me to work off the calories from eating 1 double quarter pounder from McDonald’s I would have to run 5 miles at an average pace of about 8 minutes and 30 seconds per mile.

Latro

Postby Latro » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:31 am

We were given an elliptical. It should help me workout in between my runs.

While they don’t give you exactly the same workout as running, an elliptical is an aerobic exercise machine. One benefit of th elliptical is that it prevents the impact trauma to your knees and other parts of your leg but still allows you to work those muscles in a close to running motion.

Return to “Fiscal Fitness Journals”