Journey to passive income

New! Use this space to post your goals, accomplishments, and setbacks on your path to get rich slowly. Others can read about your situation, and provide critiques and motivation. Look here to find somebody who has experienced a situation similar to yours!

Moderators: lvergon, Fiscal Fitness Moderator

jdroth
Site Admin

Postby jdroth » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:33 pm

Andrea, if it's any consolation, I've heard from many people that internet sales for almost anything are slow during the summer. I know that last year my Google Adsense earnings decreased during the summer. My June was okay, but fully expect July and August to decline. I'm not going to let it bother me. I hope. :)

consultantjournal

Postby consultantjournal » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:09 pm

jdroth wrote:Andrea, if it's any consolation, I've heard from many people that internet sales for almost anything are slow during the summer. I know that last year my Google Adsense earnings decreased during the summer. My June was okay, but fully expect July and August to decline. I'm not going to let it bother me. I hope. :)

If I weren't expecting a baby in 3 months, I wouldn't be worried. It's just that I'd hoped this would provide some recurring revenue. However, I'm not going to get too worked up over one month. I'll have to see how the summer goes. I'd just prefer not to have to wind my earnings down to peanuts, like I had to with my first child. I know I can build things up again, but it would be nice if the cash register kept ringing...even slowly!
Andrea Coutu
Consultant Journal
www.consultantjournal.com

consultantjournal

Postby consultantjournal » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:11 pm

Well, things certainly perked up this month. I'm not so far off from what I was making a few months ago. Given that it's summer, I'm pretty happy with this. I don't think I'll be hitting the 50% of current income target, but that's okay. If things stay steady, I won't be disappointed with the showing.
Andrea Coutu
Consultant Journal

consultantjournal

Postby consultantjournal » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:23 pm

Woo hoo! I've met my goal. I suspect November was a blip, but, nevertheless, it's the month that saw me through my goal!
Andrea Coutu
Consultant Journal

consultantjournal

Postby consultantjournal » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:56 pm

I haven't updated this thread in a long time...but I wanted to say that my "passive" income streams have really grown. I'm now earning more from these than from any other aspect of my business.
Andrea Coutu
Consultant Journal

Return to “Fiscal Fitness Journals”