SuzWantsToBeFree - 2011 Where do I start?????

New! Use this space to post your goals, accomplishments, and setbacks on your path to get rich slowly. Others can read about your situation, and provide critiques and motivation. Look here to find somebody who has experienced a situation similar to yours!

Moderators: lvergon, Fiscal Fitness Moderator

suzwantstobefree

Re: SuzWantsToBeFree - 2011 Where do I start?????

Postby suzwantstobefree » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:50 am

Good Morning!

Today I have hit a milestone of paying off the first 5% of my debt. It doesn't seem like a lot, but it is almost $26000 in 13 months. I am concentrating on paying down my home mortgage and each month the principal paydown is getting bigger and the interest portion smaller!!!! Still really watching what I spend and managed to pay off my legal fees without having to either dip into my savings or increasing my debt so that is a good thing!

Today I have training at work all day and am looking forward to getting out of the office and learning something new. This weekend should be another low spending weekend - we have the rodeo here (it is such a big deal in my county that the schools are closed on Friday because of the rodeo) and I have free tickets from work. I love taking my boyfriend some where fun when I can get free tickets :)

Panda

Postby Panda » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:49 am

Congrats!! That's a great start and certainly something to be proud of.

CecilyC

Postby CecilyC » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Five percent done, woo-hoo! Good for you! Now all you have to do is repeat that 19 more times :P

suzwantstobefree

Postby suzwantstobefree » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:04 am

hee,hee. I am hoping that the next 19 times will go quicker. It took me 13 months to get 5% down and looking at 20 years and 7 months more is a little depressing. :) But if I can get another 5% down by March next year and save the full max on my 401K and save in my EF then it will be a great sucess. We will see!!!!!

suzwantstobefree

Postby suzwantstobefree » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:30 pm

I got a court date set on March 31. My ex should have been served by now and I hope that I am able to get this resolved.

My life has been really busy but I am making headway on my financial situation. So far: total debt - $489,570; total savings (liquid) $3,535; total 401K contribution in 2011 - $3,400. My tenant has been paying their rent and I got a (small) tax refund coming. Everything is going in the right direction. Life is good - just have to resolve the ex hubby mortgage situation.

emoore

Postby emoore » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Good luck with the ex in court. That doesn't sound like much fun. Nice job on getting things turned around. Its so nice when you can start saving money isnt it? Before you know it you will have all your debt paid off and have an emergency fund. Good luck!

suzwantstobefree

Postby suzwantstobefree » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:32 pm

I think I could probably find a better way to spend $2100 and a Thursday morning :) but I will get through this and we will see what happens next with the ex :)

The emergency fund is making me feel a little better about my situation. Just knowing it is there is making me feel a little less stress.

fantasma

Postby fantasma » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:55 pm

I wonder whatever happened to Suz?
Be what you want to attract.

Return to “Fiscal Fitness Journals”