Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:49 am

Post subject: Re: Taking the Plunge...
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:02 pm 

Haha cool idea for a journal peachy! I take it there's going to be large enough amounts of dating if there's need to keep track of it all in a journal ;). You won't have much trouble getting attention with your motorcycle...gotta admit that's pretty badass.

Happy birthday by the way! Hope you had a good one.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:13 pm 

Finally, another update.
Unbeknownst to me the place where I first got stood up (remember my original entry?) automatically charges 15% gratuity on every bill. I was teasing my date of the evening that he was a cheap tipper. He said 'Gratuity is already included.' I bought a beer there and spent $5. One dollar was my tip and $0.50 was already included. So on $4, I tipped $1.50! Grrr...I will not be going there again. I don't like assumptions on whether the patrons are going to tip you or not, and I think that is very cheap, especially when they don't say anything about it. Sure, they could've gotten burned in the past, but I don't like places like that. It's not for me even now that I know about it.

Had a good dinner, the date was ok. The guy seemed too serious for my tastes. We'll see if he invites me out again.

And the good news is I have another date this Friday. Party time! hee hee.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:43 pm 

I'm not a fan of forced tipping either. It takes away the opportunity to show dissatisfaction with poor service in the most effective way, IMO. That said, it usually saves me money. I usually tip very well (20%+), but I don't add to a predetermined tip, unless the service was spectacular.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:14 pm 

I think you guys will like this update (ha ha).
My date for Friday the 1st was cancelled, but that's ok becaus the guy had a good reason (he's military and had to go pick up some soldiers who had just returned from Afghanistan).

I left for a motorcycling vacation in Michigan knowing that I had a date in Milwaukee the Friday after I got to Michigan. I took the Lake Express ferry across Lake Michigan with plans to see the HD Museum with some of my motorcycle girlfriends. I met up with my date on Friday night and we walked to this restaurant called Elsa's on the Park. It was a pretty cool place and the food was awesome. I had water chestnuts wrapped with thick bacon and a half of a pork sandwich with apples and crumbled blue cheese. I didn't have to pay a dime. The guy was recently divorced and he chose to talk about that most of the evening. I think maybe this was his first date since the divorce (I figure if he can get over that divorce hurdle, he's good to go in the future). He's a cool dude, and I'll probably see him next summer. He likes to hang with my motorcycle girlfriends. :)

I'm home now and have a date with the military dude tomorrow at Camden yards. I just hope the O's win! :clap:

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:05 pm 

Wow...it's been a long time, but Cecily forced me to update.
I'm happy to report that I did have a great time at the O's game, and I can't remember whether they won that game or not. The O's might have won, but I certainly didn't. That military guy never called again. His loss. hee hee.

In other news, I met a nice guy on Wild-Card Weekend. One of my favorite football weekends, and it was especially great since I could be an unemotional spectator since the Ravens had a bye. I went to a bar that I hadn't been to in ages (not my regular football bar b/c I wanted some eye candy), and luckily, there was one seat next to a cute guy (and his friends).

We talked, we laughed, I was witty and on top of my game the entire night (even after they bought me a shot). The guys shared their wings, I bought mozzarella sticks, and shared. hee hee.

Well go figure, the cute guy next to me was my age, single, no kids, and never married (that's important to me). He asked me out and we went to a delicious dinner and then scoffed when I said 'Thank you for paying.' He said 'I wouldn't ask you out and then ask you to pay.' Imagine that; chivalry in such horrid economic times. :)

Since then, we've been out a couple times, and he always pays. I invited him to a symphony concert at the local theater, and I paid for tickets. He paid for dinner/drinks. He said it was the best date ever. Wow.

So of course, I had to buy some new, cute clothes, but I've only spent 100 on clothes, and 300 on tickets (we're going to the second set of the symphony series at the end of the month), so I think it's a pretty even trade. I'm a season ticket holder to the theater, and the first set of seats I got SUCKED (this was a special performance). I'm a seat snob, so I had to purchase early and for 150 we're sitting center orchestra this time instead of in the corner where we couldn't even see the whole ensemble.

The update is that things are working out for me as of right now. He's still cute (sans beer/shot goggles), and I am making the best of our fun dates. What more could a girl ask for? Football rules!

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:17 am 

peachy wrote:
Wow...it's been a long time, but Cecily forced me to update.

You know, that first line made me feel guilty, but then reading the rest was so much fun that the quilt has officially disappeared.

I'm living vicariously through you (single but too chicken to go a-hunting), so keep it up! :rock:

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:01 am 

Cecily I too am single and too chicken to go looking as well. Unfortunately when I go out, I forget that I need to hunt and just concentrate on having a good time (instead of scoping).

Peachy, way to go on the date!

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:41 pm 

CecilyC wrote:
I'm living vicariously through you (single but too chicken to go a-hunting), so keep it up! :rock:

fantasma wrote:
Cecily I too am single and too chicken to go looking as well. Unfortunately when I go out, I forget that I need to hunt and just concentrate on having a good time (instead of scoping).

I'm single too... but I don't really want to go hunting. I heard a line in a country song that pretty well sums it up.

I've given up on love cause love's given up on me.

Besides.... the other night I couldn't sleep and finally at 4am I said screw it and turned on the TV and watched 2 hours of CSI before getting ready for work. That would be hard to do with someone in the bed with me.

I figure if loves gonna find me... she better hit me upside the head with a cast iron skillet cause I'm not looking and I probably wont pick up on suttle cues either. I just hope it doesn't happen to be MY cast iron skillets cause my big ones are heavy as all get out.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:01 pm 

N2Deep wrote:
CecilyC wrote:

fantasma wrote:

I'm single too... but I don't really want to go hunting. I heard a line in a country song that pretty well sums it up.

I've given up on love cause love's given up on me.

Great quotation. I totally hear that.

Maybe we need a new GRS forum for PF-minded singles...

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:09 pm 

Hey Peachy, glad things are going well for you.

I have a friend who is single, nearing 40 and just started seeing a guy the same age. She is head over heels, but they haven't had the finances talk yet. She's pretty responsible financially, he may not be based on his life situation. I wonder how she'll feel about it if he's way in cc debt etc.

So, it may be a good idea to have an offshoot of GRS to help find other singles who have similar financial goals, lol. I'm so grateful my hubby and I are on the same page.

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill, Fiscal Fitness Moderator Go to page Previous  1, 2