- I opened a roth IRA in Sharebuilder. It has no money in it yet, but I'll definitely make the full contribution for the year before April.
- waiting for the AUD to go down a little before I send across money for the FHSA account there. It can't possibly stay over 80 cents for the next six months, right? The money has to be there by June, so I can wait. Perhaps I should move it to a goal for next year so I stop thinking about it.
- I got a bonus at work
I think it'll be about $1k after 401k/tax deductions, not that much in itself but I'm mostly excited about..well, getting a bonus.
- 401k is on track, I decided I'm just going to leave it at the current percentage and not worry about trying to make the maximum dollar contribution. I'm getting the full employer match anyway because that's per paycheque, and next year i'll get a full year's salary so I think it will max out anyway.
- I have a full months rent spare in my rent bank account, which is nice.
- definitely going to make my zero net worth by the end of the year.
So, still working on
-$5k Roth IRA (probably won't get this by the end of the year - aiming for $2.5k?)
-$2k to go for my EF to reach $5k - including bonus, I can make that this paycheque
-$8k donations - partly selfish really: I don't get the standard deduction this year so I'll be able to claim all of it on my taxes. And I make so much money I can totally afford 10%, and as a bonus my employer will match it dollar for dollar. Currently checking out CharityNavigator and similar to figure out where it should go, I'm leaning towards United Way as it deals with all my favorite causes, perhaps with some to Planned Parenthood as well. I'm willing to take some cash out of the EF to make this one, as it is the only one that I really intend to get done before Christmas.