dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - Untangling.

GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:33 pm

Post subject: Re: Untangling.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:28 am 

Wysteria wrote:
Big milestones today. Updated my student loan spreadsheet and did a monthly transfer to my savings account. Student loan balance: $9995.38. Savings account balance: $9995.38. I also have money in my checking account, am getting paid by one job Friday, and have outstanding bills for a few hundred from my part time job. I have positive net worth! And liquidity! Yay! I've been so close to getting here for months, this is awesome. Today is awesome. Everything is awesome.

(My friend is jealous and I feel awkward. But not very, because this is awesome!)

Let me guess.....your fingers are itching to pay it all off with the savings.....congrats an awesome milestone!

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:55 am 

Wysteria wrote:
Big milestones today. Updated my student loan spreadsheet and did a monthly transfer to my savings account. Student loan balance: $9995.38. Savings account balance: $9995.38. I also have money in my checking account, am getting paid by one job Friday, and have outstanding bills for a few hundred from my part time job. I have positive net worth! And liquidity! Yay! I've been so close to getting here for months, this is awesome. Today is awesome. Everything is awesome.

(My friend is jealous and I feel awkward. But not very, because this is awesome!)

That is awesome way to go Wysteria! You are on your way!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:17 am 

Fantasma - I'm itching a little, but I like the flexibility of having savings, and the interest rate on my loans are so low (3.29%, 2.38%) - much more fun to think about buying a car or house with the money and saving that interest on the downpayment. I have the loans set up to autopay, so from now on the only thing I need to do is remember to account for them and update my spreadsheet and watch the balance fall. Wheeeee.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:18 pm 

Congratulations, that sounds so awesome! I've been "thinking" about buying a new car for a while now, I'm just too cheap (and broke) to actually do it! My VW Golf is still going strong :D

My 20's financial/ lifestyle blog: http://thealmostgrownupblog.blogspot.de/

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 am 

Financial to do list at the moment:
* Stalk craigslist looking for compact trucks, and research same. I could use a truck for camping or for an outdoorsy job. Right now I'm thinking about buying for 5-8k when June rolls around, as good gas mileage as I can get in that model, not too old. I have the cash to pay for it without a loan, which is good. I've never bought a car before, so I'm relatively paranoid about doing it wrong. Biggest purchase I've ever made, outside of university, and I went to university on credit.
* File my taxes, roll the return into car money.
* Open an IRA, probably with Vanguard. Finished saving up my initial deposit.
* Job hunting, eternally. I have some good prospects, there, but nothing solid.

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill, Fiscal Fitness Moderator Go to page Previous  1, 2