2013 Annual Savings Goals ... October Progress:
- $2,750 HSA* ... $2,326.72 (84.6%)
- $17,500 Roth 401k* ... $15,789.16 (90.2%)
- $5,500 Roth IRA (2013) ... $0 (0%)
- $5,000 Roth IRA (2012) ... $5,000 (100%)
- HARP2 Refinance on Rental Property ... COMPLETED
- Emergency Fund ... diddly squat
* Not including employer matching funds.
I will be slowing down my Roth 401k contributions for the remainder of the year in order to capture the full company match (rather than maxing out early and losing that extra little bit).
I'm hoping to get to the point soon where I can move the dial on the 2013 Roth IRA contribution. Between the upcoming bonus and a bunch of overtime, I should make some headway ... although my car insurance payment is coming up too which will cancel out some of those gains.
I've been trying to strategize on how I want to allocate both my 2013 and 2014 Roth IRA contributions. I want to have my cake and eat it too ... unfortunately I have to wait until more money accumulates in the account before that can happen. For now I might invest approximately the minimum in the last few available funds that I'm interested in ... with the goal of at least completing my basic portfolio (until they introduce another new fund that complements it nicely, of course).