BryanH's goals to end debt

New! Use this space to post your goals, accomplishments, and setbacks on your path to get rich slowly. Others can read about your situation, and provide critiques and motivation. Look here to find somebody who has experienced a situation similar to yours!

Moderators: lvergon, Fiscal Fitness Moderator

BryanH

BryanH's goals to end debt

Postby BryanH » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:29 pm

My wife & I have decided to get rid of some debt in 2012, so I'm posting about it here in order to keep myself (and her) motivated. The 2 targets for 2012 are:

18K for an auto loan.
25K for a student loan.

I've started a savings account dedicated to these loans (aside from the emergency fund). Currently the account has 14K in it.

Good luck BryanH...make it happen!

bpgui

Re: BryanH's goals to end debt

Postby bpgui » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Good luck, but I have a question: Why are you putting the money in a savings account rather than directly towards the debts? You costing yourself additional interest on the loans.

BryanH

Postby BryanH » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:56 am

bpgui wrote:Good luck, but I have a question: Why are you putting the money in a savings account rather than directly towards the debts? You costing yourself additional interest on the loans.

Thanks. I will be doing this. Unfortunately, in my talks with the financing company, I haven't gotten the answers I want about making principal only payments. Once I do, I'll be knocking down the principal.

KailynLaw

Postby KailynLaw » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:12 pm

I know that a lot of financing companies require a separate payment labeled for principal only. Just make sure you get something in writing!

Return to “Fiscal Fitness Journals”