Fiscal Journal for Mrs.Beaver

New! Use this space to post your goals, accomplishments, and setbacks on your path to get rich slowly. Others can read about your situation, and provide critiques and motivation. Look here to find somebody who has experienced a situation similar to yours!

Moderators: lvergon, Fiscal Fitness Moderator

mrsbeaver

Fiscal Journal for Mrs.Beaver

Postby mrsbeaver » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:30 am

This is my first stab at a fiscal journal. I hope this will help me see the slow progress being made towards our goals.
I am a teacher and my husband is a manager at a bookstore. We married in college and have no debt. Right now we are trying to save for a house down payment as well as build up the emergency fund and cash-flow any expenses such as medical bills. I anticipate us having several medical bills this summer due to an upcoming surgery. I should know later this month the exact costs for all the medical expenses.

Our current financial snapshot
Emergency Fund: $12,000
House Fund: $26,350
Car Fund: $4,000 (goal met!)
Medical Expenses Fund: $500
ROTH IRA: $5,000
403B:$2,300

Long Term Financial Goals
Emergency Fund: $15,000
House Fund: $40,000-50,000

Financial Goals for 2016
Emergency Fund: $13,000
House Fund: $40,000
ROTH IRA: add $2,000
403B move to IRA.

Enigma

Re: Fiscal Journal for Mrs.Beaver

Postby Enigma » Fri May 06, 2016 7:39 am

Nice Journal - Sounds like an awesome start and a great adventure.

Masterlandlord

Re: Fiscal Journal for Mrs.Beaver

Postby Masterlandlord » Sat May 07, 2016 1:06 pm

Sounds very good. My advice when you do buy your house in future before that check prices, places and houses and become familiar what is good price/condition. Regarding upcoming repairs piperepairs belong to the most expensive and I would avoid to buy a an old house that soon gets piperepair. Always check upcoming or needed repairs before you buy.

Return to “Fiscal Fitness Journals”