CC Debt gone, time to start saving

New! Use this space to post your goals, accomplishments, and setbacks on your path to get rich slowly. Others can read about your situation, and provide critiques and motivation. Look here to find somebody who has experienced a situation similar to yours!

Moderators: lvergon, Fiscal Fitness Moderator

Dani

Re: CC Debt gone, time to start saving

Postby Dani » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:29 pm

OK, lots of big changes this month!

I'm now officially a renter, and I love it! Our home foreclosed this month, and now I'm saving a bunch as a renter (2 year lease) of a beautiful home. We're renting a truck to get the last of our furniture over to the new place, and have accepted a Cash for Keys deal.

We wanted to move out of state, but not without jobs. We are okay with waiting for this big move, as we have a savings plan in place.

Ideally, we will save $3,500 per month x 24 months = $84,000 added to savings in two years.

The only things that could set us back are: taxes (no more home loan interest deductions), major catastrophes with the dog, major repairs on cars (both are 8 years old/high mileage and we'd rather replace engines than buy new).

Dani

Re: CC Debt gone, time to start saving

Postby Dani » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:30 pm

OK, lots of big changes this month!

I'm now officially a renter, and I love it! Our home foreclosed this month, and now I'm saving a bunch as a renter (2 year lease) of a beautiful home. We're renting a truck to get the last of our furniture over to the new place, and have accepted a Cash for Keys deal.

We wanted to move out of state, but not without jobs. We are okay with waiting for this big move, as we have a savings plan in place.

Ideally, we will save $3,500 per month x 24 months = $84,000 added to savings in two years.

The only things that could set us back are: taxes (no more home loan interest deductions), major catastrophes with the dog, major repairs on cars (both are 8 years old/high mileage and we'd rather replace engines than buy new).

Return to “Fiscal Fitness Journals”