Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:52 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: fantasma's financial journey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:43 pm 

Is this week 4 or 5 for the challenge? I think I'm on week 5, because January started in the middle of the week so I counted it. Are you and Cecily on Week 4 or 5?

I bought two pairs of stockings yesterday and the color was so off on one pair, that I returned it for 5.61. Now I have my 5 for the week. hee hee. Every penny counts!

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:53 pm 

peachy wrote:
Is this week 4 or 5 for the challenge? I think I'm on week 5, because January started in the middle of the week so I counted it. Are you and Cecily on Week 4 or 5?

I bought two pairs of stockings yesterday and the color was so off on one pair, that I returned it for 5.61. Now I have my 5 for the week. hee hee. Every penny counts!

Yes it does! I am on @week 5.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:18 pm 

Hmmm. I am counting by Fridays, so this Friday will be week 5!

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:03 pm 

Still saving.

Things are really hard at times; it is even harder when I must mask my feelings with a smile.

Managers who do not honor their words. Horrible work culture/environment.

I am doing alot and learning. Many disappointments I have faced.

I am doing all that I can to keep smiling and not to let it affect me; but some days it is harder than others.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:48 pm 

How do I channel my tenacity to save? I want to have a deposit to get a condo more than likely unless an awesome house comes along.

Saving and paying a bill is so different from each other.

I am not losing sight of any of my goals; however this is another huge thing to add to it.

This is not for income property. I would live in this dwelling and aggressively pay it off.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:21 am 

One idea: use the same physical routine you use to pay bills, since that works for you? Sit down and write yourself a check, if you pay bills by check, or set up an electronic transfer, if you pay bills electronically?

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:02 pm 

One full paycheck saved. 11 more months to go. This for me, is an amazing feat; saving is harder for me to do than paying off bills.
This is not including the monthly savings challenge I am in from the beginning of the year.

I started by participating in a savings plan which forces me to write a check and put money away. I don't have access to it, once the check clears.

The challenge has always been in leaving it alone. I have done so and am on track.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:46 pm 

Congratulations on the milestone. But putting money in a place where you can't access it seems awfully limiting. What's the purpose of saving the money? Retirement? House fund? Something else? How do you get to it when it's time to use it for the purpose intended?

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:41 pm 

VinTek wrote:
Congratulations on the milestone. But putting money in a place where you can't access it seems awfully limiting. What's the purpose of saving the money? Retirement? House fund? Something else? How do you get to it when it's time to use it for the purpose intended?

I started a shared no interest saving amongst people I know. We all put a certain amount of money every month for an a greed upon period of time. Its my turn to get the pot. This exercise got me into the discipline of putting money away for savings.

Its in my savings account now. The hard part is saving and not touching. I am weaning myself, so baby steps. I have put the whole amount in my savings and with my checking account and am tracking myself to see how I do.

I know its difficult to fathom, but I am a goals type of person. I used to be the kind of person if money is there, spend it.

It is not who I want to be so figuring out what works for me to change a bad behavior/spending pattern.

Even the money saved from my monthly challenge hasn't been touched; my success is due to this exercise.

The purpose of saving is to have it, that's it.
I hate being limited by what I can do (within reason) because I don't have money.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:17 am 

I paid off the 1600 I loaned to help out my brother. This was a once in a current lifetime deal.

Snowballing to pay the remaining balance for the IRS bill. (I still dedicate payments to the bill).

I feel like such a loser, right now. I am working night and day to pay this stuff off. I dont get to go out as much as I'd like. No one is here working this much.

Thyroid issue is taking a toll on me, I am always tired.

Otherwise everything is on schedule, will have more than 500.00 in my checking account and I will shave that off the overage to go into my savings. I don't want to have more than 500.00 in my account.

I did have to do something about my wardrobe, this month. Bought skirts, pants and two shoes because of work and weight loss.

After work I tend to want to go shop, I think because of the emotional factor of wanting to reward myself from working so much. I've caught my self with it, this is more about an emotional feel good factor.

If I am lucky I may get a 1000.00 raise for the whole year. |( :^) :tmi:

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:00 am 

Fantasma,

Keep the faith and stay the course.

You're making progress. I know it's hard but if it were easy, everybody would be doing it. Look at history of the journals here and the number of people who have come and gone. Some of the folks here are on the same journey you're on. Some have already completed that part of their journey and are here to tell you that hard as it might be, it's survivable and yes, things do get better. And still others are behind you on this journey, looking to see if they can make the same progress you're currently making.

Don't get discouraged. You've come so far already.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:30 pm 

Thanks Vintek I am not going to quit, I just feel like a loser sometimes working so much.

I don't even tell people at work if I am working this much becuase they look at me as if I have no life. You know the sideways she's weird look.

My colleagues are always telling me I need a husband becuase I work so much.

This is going to be my life for the next few months for as long as the work is available' its just wise for me to take advantage of the opportunity to work the overtime.

Oh by the way my cruise got cancelled with a full refund. Its with the company with all those issues as of late.

I am on target to work more this month than I did last month.

Maybe I'll have about 3 months emergency savings by the end of the year?! Maybe.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:49 pm 

You are so not a loser. You are strong and awesome and you're doing what you have to.

I can't earn overtime now, but when I did, it was always a competition to see if I could work extra hours. If I had less than 10 hours/paycheck, I was so disappointed. And it helps! That work ethic absolutely gets translated to earning better pay.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:53 pm 

Productivity award came out, you have to be nominated.

I wasn't nominated: even though I identified cuts which were followed through and ended up saving the state close to 1,000,000.00

I was not nominated, I can't even begin to describe the rage, anger and helplessness I feel.

Helplessness more so incites the rage.

Groups of people who saved the state less received nominations and won.

This is about bragging rights, not the money.

This has been a rough week not due to this but other things going on learning to defend myself.

Not to allow others to throw me under a bus. Smilling when I am angry and to hide my true emotions.

I am way too nice.

Went out to dinner and had a good time with nice people, it took a bit of my edge off.

It is not easy for me to let go of things like this, especially when it can boost my resume for years to come.

Why do people expect you smile while they are shafting you.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:52 pm 

The best revenge is living well. You're working toward that goal now. Take your anger and use that energy to move yourself forward. Eventually, you'll be far ahead of them.

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill, Fiscal Fitness Moderator Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next